what's the best revision to use?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by laksida, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

laksida

Some guy told me 1.7.5 is the best revision to use for lots of players
    what you think?

2. Offline

AGC-Intra

laksida
    Don't see why it would be better for 'lots of players' over other (stable) versions.
    From what I know that makes little sense.
    Really the one that told you that should be explaining why he thinks that then we would have a better idea of what he meant.

3. Offline

laksida

He said
    Many players and other servers use 1.7.5
    skin works

4. Offline

Necrodoom

More players would use 1.7.9-1.7.10, because, its the latest version on the client. And skin still works.

AGC-Intra likes this.
  5. Offline

AGC-Intra

Like Necrodoom says, the latest versions do the same. However, they are more recent and up to date versions which typically most people run.
    Everyone of course has their own setups and many people do things differently just because of personal preference. Which seems to be the case with your friend. A certain amount of people use 1.7.5 and skins working is no reason to claim that the version is the 'best revision'.
    Newer versions make it possible to use an up-to-date Minecraft client which in my opinion makes it better than past versions since most people like new and better things/updates.

I find many people that stick with older versions do so in order to keep running certain plugins that are not updated frequently to match newer bukkit versions.
    Another big reason may be the land generation. When new blocks and biomes are added if you update your world any new generated chunk will not match up properly with past generated chunks. (good way to avoid such, use Worldborder plugin, set border and pre-gen your entire world to its border.)

6. Offline

LHammonds

That person might have said 1.7.5 because newer servers that are UUID-aware have to issue UUID lookups which can affect server performance. And depending on the amount of UUID-aware plugins you have, the effect might get compounded if individual plugins are making more UUID calls.

LHammonds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.