When will Bukkit be updated for Minecraft 1.6?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Staff Update - July 1, 2013:
    This thread is not from 2013. This thread is about the 2011, BETA version of Minecraft 1.6. There is no ETA for the 2013 Minecraft 1.6 update, as always. Please do not ask staff about when an update will happen, as they have no estimate for you. Again, this thread is not relevant to today's update.

Update 2 - June 23, 2011 at 9:12PM EST:
    New Recommended Build #928.

This Recommended Build addresses a few API issues and provides Plugin Developers with more events to work with, allowing more awesome plugins to be made. Unfortunately, this new RB WILL break some plugins (mostly plugins that deal with controlling a player's movement - details can be found near the end of this announcement). As always, please be sure to backup your server before updating just in case!

See this post for more information.

Update - May 30th, 2011 at 5:55PM EST:
    Since the release of Minecraft 1.6, we've seen quite a few rapid-fire bugfix updates from Mojang addressing issues the community has noticed and reported back on. While we're glad Mojang are on top of things and getting updates out there quickly to improve the community's experience, this does result in extra work on our part since we have to re-do some of the work we've completed for the previous update. As a result, I made the decision to hold off on getting a build out for Minecraft 1.6 until we were able to evaluate the update and decide if that is what we feel we should do or not.

Over the weekend, that is what we have been busy doing. Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to handle the situation as much as I would have liked, leading to a lack of communication on our part with you guys, our community. Nevertheless, my team was happily and diligently working on the update and in regular contact with me. Still, I would like to apologise for our lack of communication, I simply was not in a position to do so.

That being said, we have noticed a few issues with the update that we've been able to address, so we are leaning towards bringing out a build for Minecraft 1.6.5. Though this build may not address all the issues we've found, it is still usable and produces a playable server with a decent experience. However, I am not yet sure if this build will qualify for recommendation.

Please bear this in mind when using the build: it is not fully supported (though we welcome detailed, useful bug reports) and not recommended (we can't guarantee stability) to use. There are some Minecraft vanilla issues that Mojang need to address that are beyond the scope of our project to fix and we are still touching things up (like Nether/multiworld support).

If you want to use the build we'll be pushing soon, please backup your server and make sure you understand the risks before doing so. Once again, we cannot guarantee that it won't eat your cake or spawn tiny creeper babies that take over your world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure we're all aware, Mojang released Minecraft 1.6 today (Thursday, May 26, 2011) around 5AM EST and we've been hard at work getting a build out that is compatible with Minecraft 1.6 out. Since the release, Minecraft has seen quite a few small bugfix updates addressing some unnoticed bugs and we've pretty easily kept up with them. Unfortunately, there appear to be some issues with the update that is making the game unplayable for SMP players, so we've decided to wait for a bugfix update before we recommend any builds.

Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6?
    Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.6, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a Recommended Build for 1.6 until we have something stable to work with.

That being said, we recommend everyone stay on 1.5 for a while until the showstopping issues are fixed and we can get a new, stable, compatible build out.

You can already get CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4, but it is unsupported and not recommended.

I'll be scouring the internet for further reports on how Minecraft 1.6 is performing, but preliminary research and our own testing has revealed it as unplayable due to chunks sporadically loading or not loading.

jeussa, Azell, khamseen_air and 34 others like this.
  2. Offline

ethood1999

Yay, build #816.

3. Offline

akrieger

Although I must say I am sad to hear that Multiworld is disabled, I am glad it is getting looked at. I wish there were a place / way to learn about the minecraft source and what it does short of unguided source diving.

4. Offline

SamAdam17

Guess im sticking with #815 for now. My server is a multiworld server and everyone started rioting when they saw we couldnt access other worlds. Thank you for your hard work in updating to 1.6.5 though.

5. Offline

EvilSeph

Just to clarify, when I said multiworld is disabled, I did NOT mean built-in nether portals. They work fine.

6. Offline

Dude3889

will multiworlds be re-enabled on Stable release? so multiverse would still work?

7. Offline

Jackster35

Yeah, very unstable. The server was making clones everytime I logged in and out. Along with that, the server was using the hellworld for some reason. I couldn't get rid of it. So now we're forced to use our temp map with Notch's release of 1.6.5. Thanks for all the effort put in to the 1.6.5 release. But we really need 1.6.6 to come out

8. Offline

NightStalk3r

For me in 816 if you go through a portal you dont come out of the portal on the other side, you get teleported to the worlds default spawn, so in the nether this is in the middle of nowhere and when i finally found the portal it teleported me to spawn on my normal world instead of the portal, it didnt do this in previous 1.6 builds of bukkit.

This is on a test server so if you ever need any extra help testing im happy to help.

EDIT: Just went back to the portal in the normal world and was presented with myself floating in the portal!

[​IMG]

9. Offline

EvilSeph

I am unable to reproduce this issue. I have no idea what you're doing but it works fine for my testers and myself.

This is how Nether functions in vanilla, though I've never been teleported to an area without a nether portal. It usually selects the first Nether portal anyone on the entire server has used and uses that as the two portals it should use when teleporting to and from the Nether.

10. Offline

NightStalk3r

If by hellworld he means the sky/clouds and normal world mobs in the nether instead of ghasts and zombie pig men then that is also how the nether is for me with 816.

11. Offline

dvdbrander

lolz...

12. Offline

anonn

b816 is working fine for me. short of some plugins not working.
    i haven't seen any server implosion as of yet. no glitches so far.

13. Offline

anonymous

No new Bukkit build yet?

14. Offline

Fohdeesha

b816 working fine with preliminary testing, bigbrother, commandbook, worldedit, permissions, guestprev, spawncontrol, weatherman all working without any problems.

Obviously had to take off multiverse, as multiworld is currently disabled

15. Offline

Kenzor108

Why?! Multiverse is IMPORTANT!

16. Offline

BigYellowTarget

Having major nether issues with b816; It seems to be messing up the translation between overworld locations and nether.

With Vanilla 1.6.5 my overworld portal at (-133, 52, -94) brings me to one of my pre-existing nether portals at (-25, 53, -5). With b816 installed it instead brings me to a completely new portal at (-13, 42, -11).

17. Offline

Beanyhead

Anybody else having problems with pressure plates on 816?

18. Offline

$p!k3

oh no. not 1.7 D:

19. Offline

alibaba

CPU usage is still terrible for Craft Bukkit on Windows Server 2008 R2 :((

20. Offline

koko13009

Bukkit team is a great group of workers, your work on 803 is great, and you're right to wait a bit for releasing a bukkit 1.6.

I am with you to advance your program and wait the time it takes to have a stable version.
    Again, congratulations for your work, and good luck.

21. Offline

Mr.Squeak

Hey guys and possible gals or vise versa, just wanted to say good job. I'm proud to to read about a team that actually works well and does what they say. Thank you.

22. Offline

ametaisui

so far it seems stable. have yet to run plugins. will have to do more testing tomorrow with my roommate to see how stable it is on that front

23. Offline

Rikaelus

Thanks for making it clear that multiverse is disabled in 816. I saw that in the code diffs but was worried some people might update without realizing it.

Sadly.. most of my problems only happen in my secondary worlds, so this one ain't help'n me any. But, it's playable.. if quirky.

24. Offline

tremor

CB816 running stable for me on Linux Centos 5. Working Plugins from 803 - RemoteToolkit Plugin, Craftbook (gates & lifts atleast haven't tested everything), dynamic map (much to my surprise), Essentials (sans Essentials protect), Worldguard & Worldedit seems to be functioning well, WeatherControl plugin, MCDocs & BorderGuard (however untested against built in nether, for some reason I have a feeling this will be a gamebreaker).

I'm actually seeing an improvement in server resource usage both CPU and Memory, however a re-introduction to client side chunk errors seems to be prevalent where for a time it seems that issue had been resolved.

Oh ya an CraftIRC from 803 is also working nicely. Server has been running for over 5 hours, on a test port so hasn't had any player load, but its gone through atleast 1 Remote Toolkit auto restart successfully. Maps don't crash, which IMHO makes CB816 > Minecraft 1.6.5

Thank you Bukkit Team.

25. Offline

Raqn

I am getting the exact same error as before. It works stable until I randomly get a crash caused by
    http://pastebin.com/qg8CKVuU
    The error shown there.

Is anyone else getting this?

EDIT:
    Its SimpleWarp that did it. 2 Warps that players tested crashed the server and caused there player.dat to be reset. I am 80% sure it is this

26. Offline

Mook

#816 - Debian..Receiving "Illegal Stance" error, and seems to happen when you TP back from Nether to Mainworld.

Not sure if this is Bukkit related as I never saw it before.

Otherwise, looks all good to me.

27. Offline

Sam Lucas

I'm experiencing the same problem for every 1.6+ build.

On Minecraft launcher i'm told its an internal server error, On the console i get this;
    11:17:33 [INFO] GymManSam [/86.155.96.194:61764] logged in with entity id 42 at (-235.5, 37.62000000476837, 136.5)
    11:17:33 [INFO] Loaded world: samville
    11:17:33 [INFO] Disconnecting GymManSam [/86.155.96.194:61764]: Internal server error
    11:17:33 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Listener already listening
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Listener already listening
    at net.minecraft.server.Container.a(SourceFile:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.syncInventory(EntityPlayer.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    11:17:34 [INFO] GymManSam lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream

Can anyone help, I'm not a huge N00b but this has me stumped :-S

28. Offline

troed

Strictly FYI for those interested: I'm also seeing more missing chunks on b816 than I did with b815 - although whether that's because of the change in MC version (1.6.5) or not I don't know.

29. Offline

saitan

good job bukkit team your almost there :D

30. Offline

monotonehell

Well I have all my Worlds back up and a pretty much working server. ...and Notch just released 1.6.6 5 mins later.

Good work Bukkit team, don't worry about multi world - everyone should just use Server Port like I do. :D /troll-lol-lol-o ;)

31. Offline

Raqn

Just reporting in.

The error of mine was corrupted chunks caused by warping. I can't stress enough to keep backups, I luckily had one from a few days ago I am using now, which I shouldn't really have (Pure luck I do have it).

Dont do what I did, make sure you take backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.