When will Bukkit be updated for Minecraft 1.6?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Staff Update - July 1, 2013:
    This thread is not from 2013. This thread is about the 2011, BETA version of Minecraft 1.6. There is no ETA for the 2013 Minecraft 1.6 update, as always. Please do not ask staff about when an update will happen, as they have no estimate for you. Again, this thread is not relevant to today's update.

Update 2 - June 23, 2011 at 9:12PM EST:
    New Recommended Build #928.

This Recommended Build addresses a few API issues and provides Plugin Developers with more events to work with, allowing more awesome plugins to be made. Unfortunately, this new RB WILL break some plugins (mostly plugins that deal with controlling a player's movement - details can be found near the end of this announcement). As always, please be sure to backup your server before updating just in case!

See this post for more information.

Update - May 30th, 2011 at 5:55PM EST:
    Since the release of Minecraft 1.6, we've seen quite a few rapid-fire bugfix updates from Mojang addressing issues the community has noticed and reported back on. While we're glad Mojang are on top of things and getting updates out there quickly to improve the community's experience, this does result in extra work on our part since we have to re-do some of the work we've completed for the previous update. As a result, I made the decision to hold off on getting a build out for Minecraft 1.6 until we were able to evaluate the update and decide if that is what we feel we should do or not.

Over the weekend, that is what we have been busy doing. Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to handle the situation as much as I would have liked, leading to a lack of communication on our part with you guys, our community. Nevertheless, my team was happily and diligently working on the update and in regular contact with me. Still, I would like to apologise for our lack of communication, I simply was not in a position to do so.

That being said, we have noticed a few issues with the update that we've been able to address, so we are leaning towards bringing out a build for Minecraft 1.6.5. Though this build may not address all the issues we've found, it is still usable and produces a playable server with a decent experience. However, I am not yet sure if this build will qualify for recommendation.

Please bear this in mind when using the build: it is not fully supported (though we welcome detailed, useful bug reports) and not recommended (we can't guarantee stability) to use. There are some Minecraft vanilla issues that Mojang need to address that are beyond the scope of our project to fix and we are still touching things up (like Nether/multiworld support).

If you want to use the build we'll be pushing soon, please backup your server and make sure you understand the risks before doing so. Once again, we cannot guarantee that it won't eat your cake or spawn tiny creeper babies that take over your world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure we're all aware, Mojang released Minecraft 1.6 today (Thursday, May 26, 2011) around 5AM EST and we've been hard at work getting a build out that is compatible with Minecraft 1.6 out. Since the release, Minecraft has seen quite a few small bugfix updates addressing some unnoticed bugs and we've pretty easily kept up with them. Unfortunately, there appear to be some issues with the update that is making the game unplayable for SMP players, so we've decided to wait for a bugfix update before we recommend any builds.

Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6?
    Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.6, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a Recommended Build for 1.6 until we have something stable to work with.

That being said, we recommend everyone stay on 1.5 for a while until the showstopping issues are fixed and we can get a new, stable, compatible build out.

You can already get CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4, but it is unsupported and not recommended.

I'll be scouring the internet for further reports on how Minecraft 1.6 is performing, but preliminary research and our own testing has revealed it as unplayable due to chunks sporadically loading or not loading.

jeussa, Azell, khamseen_air and 34 others like this.
  2. Offline

Mega_hans

Your problem is a piston, your world is corrupted unless you have a backup.
    Following: you placed a tile entity(Buttons count as tile entities as well i think)
    close to a piston so it *would* get moved if it didnt just overflow.
    That is pretty bugged, gonna see if i can find out more

3. Offline

Croyd

I would love to be able to customize the "Outdated Server" message. I have a website, and have the link show on my motd, but these kids just don't read it. I've even seen some trying to login that I warned the night before.

wassilij likes this.
  4. Offline

wassilij

I have the same probleme croyd.. the ability to change the Outdated Server message would be very good.

5. when will jenkins be updated? :p

6. Offline

MinecraftHead

You can fix the "world corruption" caused by the redstone/pressure plates on top of a piston IF you can find it using MCEDIT. remove the offending blocks, Save, reload server
    MH
    Im sure a updated craftbukkit will be up soon enough. Have patience guys!

7. Offline

Kanuuu

Mhh... But, when the world doesnt start up at all, we or i cant change anything...

8. Offline

MinecraftHead

Use MCEDIT my friend. You dont have to start the server to get it to load in MCEDIT. Its a free standing program that allows you to offline edit your world files.
    Find the offending pistons/blocks highlight the area then click delete blocks on the left. CTRL-S to save.
    Then start the server...
    MH

9. Offline

Einschtein

wh
    Where do I need to place that .jar file? Because I don't have anything similar to that file-name... Also, I'm using McMyAdmin, I don't know if that'll help or change anything.

And do I just place that .jar file? Or do I need to edit other settings?

10. Offline

Kanuuu

the .jar file can be placed in the top of your MC-Server folder.
    for me: /home/minecraft/craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

11. Offline

wassilij

12. Offline

Kanuuu

Thank You. The Build worsk now just fine. without any crashes :rolleyes:

wassilij likes this.
  13. Offline

andrewpo

Yay, Jenkins is dead again!

14. Offline

Einschtein

Meh. I downloaded CraftBukkit.jar, placed it in the correct folder: no plugins are starting up.

Ohwait, this happened after I updated Minecraft, so it's not because of the craftbukkit.jar. But still, halp.

15. Offline

Monstertke

I was updating my website and my server info on minecraftservers.net which is my biggest source of new traffic.

16. Offline

EvilSeph

17. Offline

santiagorook

18. hey how can i get a server ip like gocraft-server.org and stuff? pliz help me join my serverhttp://gocraft.webs.com/

19. Offline

nala3

godaddy.com set you server as the host and the domain name will then just point to your IP for instance.
    mine is "server.worldoftomorrow.info" for the server and "www.worldoftomorrow.info" for the website you cant do it with webs, or you could go to dyndns. they will give you a free one, but it will be something like go-craft.dyndns.biz or something

20. oh ty but i am net thet good and do not understand u so if ur willing to help me with teamviewer that whuld make my day
    ps is it free?

21. Offline

nala3

dyndns is. godaddy is not. you actually buy the domain name from them. but i can help you later when i get home from work ;P ( on lunch lol ) PM me

22. oh
    um lol i whuld pm u if i new how lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.