Where are people getting bukkit for 1.7.2?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by HaitherecreeperMC, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been on a few 1.7.2 servers running bukkit, and was wondering where they got bukkit for 1.7.2. I've looked everywhere, on GitHub, and dl.bukkit.org. So do you know where the download for that is? Or is it just for certain people? Thanks!

2. Offline

Gamecube762

Most of the time those servers are really 1.6.4 servers with the version changed to 1.7.2 so updated clients can join. Most servers likes to do that so they don't loose players. Those servers don't include anything new from the update, and has higher chances of crashes.

Jozeth likes this.
  3. Offline

winter4w

Do you know one out there

4. Offline

Gamecube762

I haven't seen a server doing it this update(barely been searching around) and I haven't done it to my servers.

5. Oh, ok thanks! So I guess I don't want to do that to my server, since we want to use 1.7 stuff :D

6. Offline

hitman2543

How Do I Do That?????

7. Offline

bossomeness

It's better to be patient, and wait for a stable, approved CraftBukkit build. I've been on servers that do that, and they can get pretty laggy, they are unstable, and the point of joining that server after an update is to test out the new features with friends.

Gamecube762 likes this.
  8. Offline

hitman2543

OK Thanks

9. Offline

deltahat

Why is this even a thing? Tweaking the protocol code to allow 1.7.2 clients to connect to a 1.6.4 server is pointless today. You don't get any of the new 1.7 features and the server is less stable. The launcher lets you play 1.6.4 alongside 1.7.2 anyway, so we don't even need to go through the hassle of downgrading the client like the old days. Is using a different client profile hard enough to cause players to bail?

10. Offline

bobacadodl

People do this to keep players on their servers. If players can't join, they will often try to find a different server.

11. Offline

Mike1022

Actually, with the new network coding, I don't think that it would be possible.

12. Offline

Necrodoom

Wait for Bukkit 1.7 to be released.

HaitherecreeperMC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.