White Screen

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by John David Wright, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,
    Everytime I spawn for the first time that the server has been on, I get a white screen. I'll also get a white screen if I walk into a room sometimes and when i get into a minecart. when i go to /spawn, it will turn off. Any idea what this is? I'm thinking it's craftbukkit, but not sure.

2. Offline

mughi

a screenshot would probably be a good way for us to understand what you mean..

3. when it happens again, i'll get a screenshot. but seriously, the whole map is white. i can see the chat box

[​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

mughi

that didn't work..

have you tried it with no plugins?
    have you tried vanilla server (minecraft_server.jar)?

5. Offline

Plague

Hmm you know if this happened on login or something, I'd think its bukkit, but it happens on entering a roomm/minecart... do you have any client mods?

6. it has happened on login and happens randomly while i'm playing and it happens to everyone else. i don't have client mods.

7. Offline

Plague

oh it happens for more players??

8. yeah. it happens to everyone all the time.

9. Offline

Plague

can the bukkit devs visit?
    if more private, PM me

10. Offline

Verrier

Just incase anyone comes across this thread via google or what not:

Problem:
    - Player(s) will log in with a white screen which is fixed by doing a teleport or /spawn command
    - Player(s) get a white screen when entering a minecart
    - Player(s) model does not rotate in the world despite them turning
    -Players cannot seem themselves in 3rd person or on their inventory screen

Cause:
    The issue is that the playername.dat file has a corrupted or invalid value for the rotation tag. Most likely when viewed it will read as a NaN value.

If you connect to a craftbukkit server prior to to Recommended Build 677 you'll simply get a white screen. If you connect to at 677 or later you'll be kicked with a "Nope" message and a server log message saying that the player tried to crash the server.

Fix:
    - Manually use an NBTEditor edit the Rotation tag that says "NaN" to say 0 (or any other number if you so choose)
    or
    - Delete the offending playername.dat file in world/players. Keep in mind this will reset their position and inventory.

Notes:
    Still unknown what actually causes it to be set to NaN in the first place.

11. Offline

mike855

It seems that the day/night transition cause the bug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.