Why isnt there a plugin that gives torches fire_aspect?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by joulesbeef, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Offline

joulesbeef

I have a "hold a torch for light" plugin.. for realism
    but I also want people to be able to beat mobs with it... low damage but sets them on fire.

is this really hard or something? seems kinda natural for torches.

CGA1123 likes this.
  2. Offline

simgar98

This would be very, very, very, very, very easy to make, I expect there to be thousands of this plugin allready :p

3. Offline

TheWolfBadger

simgar98 joulesbeef He's right. There is none. Just searched it up. Shall I make this?

4. Offline

joulesbeef

yes please do.. I have seen many requests.
    there is a mod for single player that does this.

but no bukkits plugins.

5. Offline

TheWolfBadger

joulesbeef So for any entity once they are hit by a torch they are set on fire?

joulesbeef <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  6. Offline

CGA1123

TheWolfBadger
    You should definitely create a bukkit dev page for this!

TheWolfBadger likes this.
  7. Offline

TheWolfBadger

CGA1123 Haha will do! :) I do for almost every plugin I create though lol. I also post every plugin on github (Link in Sig)! :)

CGA1123 likes this.
  8. Offline

joulesbeef

yeah seriously I know people would like.
    and thanks mang

TheWolfBadger likes this.
  9. Offline

TheWolfBadger

CGA1123 joulesbeef Can now be found here! Will be updated for more features when they are requested! Be sure to stop by! :)

xXSilverswordXx likes this.
  10. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

joulesbeef what plugin did you use to change light levels around players holding a torch

11. Offline

joulesbeef

rwtorchlight was my choice.. there are 2 others but they both used night vision.
    rw puts a client side glowstone under your feet when you have torch out.(if server lags a lot you can leave a trail of them--- not from that plugin i was running a lot of big things and lagged out my server and started to leave trails)
    it spits some console errors for me on start up on 1.7.2 but havent had any issues with it.

and PS fire_aspect torches play just fine with that plugin... no conflicts at all.

12. Offline

TheWolfBadger

joulesbeef xXSilverswordXx CGA1123 Added that into the plugin! It still works great I think! Enjoy! Also please make me aware of any bugs! Thanks! - Jack --- <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  13. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

TheWolfBadger
    found a problem:
    You can walk on water / lava with the torch.

14. Offline

TheWolfBadger

xXSilverswordXx Please make a ticket on the page for further bugs. I will look into that btw.

15. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

TheWolfBadger is that you talking in the vid i cant understand a thing :D

16. Offline

TheWolfBadger

xXSilverswordXx It's a video someone made for the plugin. Also if you want to leave feedback please do it on the comments section of the plugin page and not on these now gravedigged threads. Thanks.

17. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

18. Offline

EN7

I swear I have seen 5 different plugins that do this, and only this.