[MECH/RPG] DragonTravel Phoenix v0.0.0.17 - Be a Dragon-Rider! [1.7.10-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Phiwa, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Phiwa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

Visit DragonTravel on BukkitDev!

Description:
    DragonTravel gives players the opportunity to ride dragons in Minecraft.
    It offers server-admins the possibility to add a new outstanding way of travel to their RPG-servers.

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Allows admins to set destinations for the dragons.
    • Allows players with the specific permission to summon and mount a dragon and...
      ...fly flights which consists out of waypoints(as many as you like)
      ...fly to destinations which have been set by an admin before.
      ...fly to coordinates chosen via command.
      ...fly to players choosen via command(different permission-nodes for other types of travel).
      ...fly to a home-position which has been set by this player earlier.
    • Spout-support
      -> Nice GUI for creating stations/destination or travelling via Spout/SpoutCraft.
      -> Music which gets played when travelling.
    • Allows admins to set stations and limit the mounting of dragons to these locations (or a specified radius around it).
    • Possibility to require a special item for players to use the plugin (e.g. a dragon-egg)
    • Making signs which automatically mount a player and bringthem to the written destination on the sign.
    • Permissions-Support (SuperPerms only!)
    • Support of all Economy-Plugins supported by Vault (Vault is required for that)!
      Admins can set different prices for all ways of travel!
    • Admins can choose in the config whether dragons of this plugin should destroy blocks or if any dragons should break blocks when touching.
    • All messages are fully customizable! Default messages.yml is English, but we provide other language-files in our wiki.
    Everything which isn't answered here will be answered on the BukkitDev-page, we simply can't manage to keep several pages up-to-date. This page was out-of-date for about six months until I remembered to put this note here.

Commands, Permissions, Videos, Screenshots, etc. can be found on the BukkitDev-page or in our wiki (link is on the BukkitDev-page as well).

2. Offline

ZNickq

You set the mob's velocity? god, that must look ugly...it's better to manually set the path, and let the dragon's AI do the rest ;)

3. Offline

Malchus

This plugin, in tandem with another RPG class plugin might just be the recipe for the ultimate RPG server.

Looking forward to this!

zok likes this.
  4. Offline

Phiwa

@ZNickq And how? ;) Never worked with dragons before...^^

I searched for other ways for hours but couldn't find a better one.
    How do you mean the point about setting a path?

Would be best to discuss that in the thread I created for it. ;)

5. Offline

Legolas75893

May I suggest an option where if players have a permission node, they can type like /dr go (x and z coords) and it goes to that spot but at 90y? If it's possible. I think it'd be pretty cool.

6. Offline

Phiwa

Yes, that would also be a function I would try to add later, but the height of 90 isn'T that good because if you got a mountain at that place the dragon simply flies through it (and dragons destroy blocks they touch, so you would have a hole in the mountain ;)).
    I thought of going to the coords but stay 20 blocks above the ground (or something like that).

Thanks for your feedback!

7. Offline

Phiwa

Update:
    From today on, Smex is in the team and will work on this project together with me.

8. Offline

thehutch

Yay... Thats a good thing right :p or does it mean your gonna be spending less time :O !!! EPIC DRAGON TIME!!!

9. Offline

Phiwa

Noo, that's not what is meant to mean. :p
    But he looked over my "Skype-Screensharing-shoulder" for some days know and always said he loves this plugin, so I asked him to simply join the team instead of only looking at the code ;)

thehutch likes this.
  10. Offline

thehutch

Well good luck figuring the maths of this (lol saying this whilst doing Mechanics homework :p (Dynamics of a particle))

11. Offline

Phiwa

As soon as the Dragon-AI is included in Bukkit, our work will be much easier and the travel will look much better. ;)
    Until this happens we use the old and ugly way, but it works and you travel with a dragon. :p

12. Offline

Dec64

Can't wait to see this in action.

13. Offline

Shooty

omg thanks again ! I'm really happy you takin' seriously mi idea :)

14. Offline

Phiwa

No problem, I think it's a great idea. ;)

15. Offline

Jantzulu

This plugin sounds amazing so far! Any hope that there can be some Spout integration to allow a map-like interface that displays predetermined flying locations when a player wants to use the dragon transport at the designated spots (think WoW flightpaths)?

16. Offline

Phiwa

Never worked with Spout by now and first of all we need to get the dragons fly normally which still requires a method Bukkit hasn't got yet. As soon as we implented all features we have on our ToDo-List by now we can take a look at it.
    If you use Dynmap, you could add markers to those positions. That wouldn't be ingame, but still a nice thing.

17. Offline

Shooty

Juste a little feature request (and i think the first is really usefull)
    @Phiwa Because you take care of my idea, these are my other ideas :

- Can you make the dragon no destroy blocks (actually they destroy my main world if i spawn one :p) or we can choose each bloc he can't broks (like in a config file ?)

- Can you make the mob "mountable" but juste like that, with no way, right click with a saddle & go, we don't controle the mob. Because i like to add this feature only for my vip with few dragons flying on my worlds <3

PS : For all "mountable" feature i think you need to add possibility to make Dragon invincible ! (Too cheat !)

- After, i had more idea but only with spout, spout support player key, so in futur if you add Dragon was mountable, can you make him controlable with spout oO?

-For multiworld support i think it's possible to make the player go on the dragon, fly few secondes, and after that the player was"teleported" in other map and he'd already on the dragon and he landed on the ground to the desired location. Which would make possible transport between world !

Ok my multiworld idea count for one world too, if you can't make the dragon fly 'properly" you can make a fake loading bar (the same when you changing world), but in reality he is on the same world but much further and the "ugliness" or "lagging" movement was not seen by the player. If you can't make a fake loading bar, you can use nether portal effect, the teleportation would not be see too much.

With these idea, we don't need spawning "pig" or "chicken" in the air.

in facts, i'm really like the enderdragon but i want he was more than just a mob boss in the end. I really believe in the powerfull of the enderdragon (actually notch didn't u_u), but i'm not developper and this is why i'd post all of theses idea !

I had lot of other idea but it's not possible because of notch.... Like tamable enderdragon. Landed dragon :( I would really like the dragon had a "landed" position and he talk like a pnj :p

Keep in mind i'm french so sorry :)

Also, if you need more support for spout integration you can submit your plugins here : http://forums.getspout.org/view/plugin-development.9/ :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  18. Offline

Phiwa

The current verdion lets the rider fly that fast that it is nearly like a teleport. The point about the chicken was only for testing reasons and we simply have to wait for Dinnerbone to add the possibility to Bukkit to control the dragons. He already said that he wants to improve the creature-interface...
    The point that the dragons destroy the world is also the most difficult one at the moment but I got an idea how it could be fixed and will test it later.

thehutch likes this.
  19. Offline

ZockenX

Maybe you could use something like essentials protect for the blocks (they are destroyed but after a few seconds when the dragon has passed they are replaced)

20. Offline

Smex

Stay tuned, we have a release for tomorrow. ;)

Dec64 likes this.
  21. Offline

Phiwa

We got a release!
    All the waiting has come to an end, we got a first release out now!
    Please read all information carefully! This is an early Alpha-Version which can easily kill you map if you do not follow the instructions!

EDIT by MonsieurApple: Removed tagged Mod's, request completed.

22. Offline

gameswereus

This is an awesome plugin :p I will make use of it and post some screenshots once I utilize it :p

23. Offline

Phantom Index

Oh boy, Ima bookmark this and wait til bukkit gets their stuff done so you guys can tame this dragon.

24. Offline

Deleted user

Tips/Suggestions:
    1. [1505+] in the title should be changed to [1505]. It's been repeatedly said by the moderators that the + should never be added. It gets misleading.
    2. In Minecraft, dragons destroy every block they touch (except obsidian). What about bedrock?

25. Offline

Smex

1. I will tell Phiwa to change this.
    2. bedrock also can't get destroyed by enderdragons.

26. Offline

Phiwa

I wasn't sure about bedrock by now because in one testing-round I ended up under the map, but it seems to be the way that bedrock "survives" dragons as well.
    Will change both points.
    Thanks man.

EDIT: Smex was faster, I wrote the Reply and then started a quick test before sending it. ;)

27. Offline

MonsieurApple

Moved, next time please just report the original post.

28. Offline

Phiwa

Ah k, sorry.

EDIT: Just saw that the thread still is in "WIP and...". ;)

29. Offline

NuclearW

Before moving to releases you should perhaps fix up some of the BB code in your post, as well as decide if you want /TP as part of your section tags, as the parenthetical notation is not accepted for the releases forum.

30. Offline

CainFoool

Unknown Dependency: Vault