Work Harder!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MisanthropX, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Offline

MisanthropX

I really need this plugin and I have searched for this so very long.

I need a pinch of realism on my server, and with the default "settings" you can gain too much minerals, wheat, sugar in too less time.
    I want to create a proper game depth.
    Players shouldn't just go mine for three hours and have chests full of minerals, which they never can sell or get rid!
    Players get bored very fast if you can do everything in such a short and easy time.

I have no idea what actually is playerside or not, please reply to give me an idea what is possible of my following things.

Farmland

Ever heard about "fallow land"?
    Thats what not possible in minecraft, because as soon you have grown some weath, you simply replant it.

Solution
    Increase growth time (there is for trees but not for farming)
    Decrease Wheat/Seed/Melon/Sugarcane income OtherDrops
    Increase harvesting time (after harvesting, the land has to be retilled with a hoe)

Mineshaft

Nowadays you go for some iron ALONE and within 1 hour you have about 2 stacks iron, 4 stacks coal (if you actually mention them because you already have so much).
    I remember there was a plugin that make blocks break after mining it 4 times.
    Players may think this is just lag.
    It would be nice to have a plugin that can change how much time you need for what block to destroy it, I fear that this is clientside.
    Another idea is to need more iron to smelt it to bars!

Solution:
    Increase mining time
    Increase needed smelting amount (does not go for diamond or coal)
    Increase smelting time - Cookbook

Lumberjack
    You can't really pre-set where people create a forest or not, because you can grow a huge farm just out of one single tree.
    Also chopping the whole tree down is a bit .. stupid, also when people (or endermen) remove just one block and leave the rest.
    It does not only look stupid, it feels kind of disturbing, you just *sigh* and take out the bigbrother/logblock/whatever stick out to check who just ruined the landscape by removing just a single block out of a tree.

Solution:
    Increase growth time (can adjust time with fastgrow) Fastgrow
    Increase chopping time
    One time chopping - Choptree

Breeding

For me, it sounds a bit unrealistic to see cows and pigs just spawn somewhere in the wilderness,
    It would be awesome to be able to create a preset amount of animals on the whole world.
    Then once an animal is slaughtered - it can not respawn!
    Things like extinction work now, if you killed all cows - youre ruined forever!
    So you need to breed them (coming 1.9)
    Also, you can precreate sheeps in the north, but only pigs in the south of the map.
    Just for an example, people have to trade, and these precious animals become rare!
    Also it would be nice, to actually make trading animals possible - make them follow you when you have some delicious food(weath) in your hand.
    Because moving animals by just towing them toward something.

Solution:
    No respawn for animals
    Breeding (coming 1.9)
    Leading animals to somewhere (hopefully coming 1.9)

Hunting

Talking about monsters, not just animals.
    Monsters should regrow and respawn anytime.
    which is by default true.
    One thing I miss is that monsters have no order, they are just jumping and walking around randomly.
    they can not build some mighty army to attack a town or something else.
    It is just too easy to survive because monsters do not plan, they just appear, you slice them - the end.
    monsters should plan a bit more, I am sure that is not possible via server plugins.
    Monsters simply try it always the same way to get over some obsticle, their tactical behavior should change by experiencing damage.

Solution:
    Make monsters regroup before attack.

2. Offline

F4BSE

Yeah i need it for my server too. Thats nice ideas MisanthropX :)

3. Offline

MisanthropX

Yes, we really need this to put in some realism

4. Offline

Belf

@MisanthropX

I'm going to take a look, but some of these things needs spoutcraft.

5. Offline

MisanthropX

Thanks a lot @Belf we consider using spout if we have enough reason to use it, haha.
    Well, I think it is okay.
    Good luck Belf!

6. Offline

BioRage

Once you go Spout, you never go back,

Seriously. Opens so much customization and content.

OT: I'm interested in this thread!

7. Offline

Belf

BioRage likes this.