World generator & lags

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Someone_Like_You, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1. Would per-player-world in 50~80 players server wont cause leaks? (the world will be ~100 chunks)
    2. How can I generate a square of around 100 chunks and the rest of the world air? (plains biome only)
    *Im not sure how to use world generator...
    3. Do bukkit saves the world in the "world" folder?
    4. How will I change wheat/potato/any other crops growth time? (w/o runnables if possible)

2. Offline

Glumpz

Someone_Like_You
    1. I think that the amount of worlds would cause lag to some extent, depending on the servers hardware.
    2. Look into how to create custom world generators on YouTube.
    3. By default, the worlds are saved in the same folder as the craftbukkit.jar file.
    4. I don't believe that you can change the growth time without the use of some sort of timer or Bukkit runnables.

3. Glumpz I asked for world generation help due to me unable to understand how its working...

4. Offline

RawCode

5. RawCode This link isnt working, and if its Dinnerbone tutorial, I did saw it :p, still didnt understood how to generate full world of plains biome only (without trees, dungeons, villages, caves... etc)

6. Offline

RawCode

you shoud download and read terrain control plugin source code.

if you want to perform original research - you shoud study how flatworld generator works (source in mc-dev or forge), then after you undersood how chunks shaped and populated - study simplex noise, then study FBM noise.

my own original research can be found here
    https://github.com/RawCode/UBT/blob/master/src/rc/ubt/wgen/Generator_DFS.java

Someone_Like_You likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.