WorldGuard and Pex Help.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xBlazezak18, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xBlazezak18

Hey guys, got a little problem :c

So i have a default rank set as [A]:
    Code:
    A:
        options:
          default: true
          prefix: '&6[&8A&6]&7'
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.*
        - essentials.warp
        - essentials.warp.list
        - essentials.msg
        - essentials.kit
        - essentials.kits.starter
        - essentials.spawn
        - nocheatplus.checks.chat.commands
        - essentials.kits.*
        - essentials.balance
        - essentials.balance.others
        - essentials.balancetop
        - essentials.pay
        - essentials.afk
        - essentials.afk.auto
        - essentials.help
        - essentials.helpop
        - essentials.list
        - essentials.mail
        - essentials.mail.send
        - essentials.motd
        - essentials.msg
        - essentials.realname
        - essentials.rules
        - signs.use.balance
        - signs.use.buy
        - signs.use.disposal
    The problem is that this rank cannot mine in the mine i have set. (A MINE) Region here:
    Code:
     amine:
            min: {x: 100036.0, y: 58.0, z: -98.0}
            flags: {item-drop: allow, block-place: deny, pvp: deny, item-pickup: allow,
                block-break: allow, fire-spread: deny, lighter: deny, build: deny}
            max: {x: 100067.0, y: 64.0, z: -62.0}
            priority: 1
            type: cuboid
            owners: {}
            members: {}
    How do I make it so a specific rank has the ability to use this region e.g block-break: allow inside the region?

basically how do I make it so rank A can destroy blocks (mine) inside the amine region?

2. Offline

Boba4237sdad

3. Offline

xBlazezak18

/region addmember A doesnt do anything. I tried /rg addmember amine A but it is unable to resolve the name A. How do I make it so the RANK A is in that region?

ok, when a player mines in the specific mine it will say you are not permitted to use IRON_PICKAXE or an error like that. Is this to do with Pex?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Offline

JaguarJo

Think I finally found it in the documentation, here. You use the g: prefix to specify a group.
    So.../region addmember amine g:A should work.

*Disclaimer: I don't personally use WorldGuard, so this info is purely coming from the plugin's documentation and not from any actual user experience.

Winterfellhard likes this.
  5. Offline

xBlazezak18

They have been added, however it still says for newbies they are 'not permitted to interact with' anything. Maybe this is Pex related? is there some node I should know of?

6. Offline

Winterfellhard

7. Offline

xBlazezak18

I haven't enabled custom flags, they all seem to be default unless I unknowingly installed some flags or maybe some plugins gave me some flags?

8. Offline

Winterfellhard

Block-place & block-break are not one that come default with world guard so that might be why its not working. What other plugins are you running?

Edit: I assume this is for a prison server, you might need custom flags. Other than that you could use the build flag but this will let people build besides just removing. You could setup a blacklist for placing items in that world with world guard. Honestly that might be required .

Disclaimer: this is my opinion Do not take it as the word of god. :p

9. Offline

xBlazezak18

[​IMG]
    Those are my plugins.
    Should I remove block-place and block-break in all my regions and keep build and construct? If so, how do i make it so they can destroy blocks but not place blocks in mines?

Also, how do i get custom flags? can't seem to find a way.

10. Offline

Winterfellhard

@zblazezak18 Do not use construct it is outdated and will break things. Ummm as for your plugins I don't use paid ranks, Server Signs, Choptree2, or Prison but yeah you do not have anything that would give you custom flags.

For custom flags Im not sure on which to recommend as I haven't used one yet but I have been looking into it as for example fall damage can either be completely turned off in a world or on there isn't a way to flag a region with it without custom flags.

Id say you might have to use the blacklist for your mining world and block placing of all blocks essentially? I could be wrong there might be an easier way or if you can find a good custom flag plugin for prisons it might already exist.

11. Offline

xBlazezak18

I removed block-place and block-break from all regions, and kept build and construct but no one can mine still?
    EDIT: I will try removing construct now

EDIT EDIT: removing construct didn't seem to do anything. I really think this is something to do with pex as it will say something about not having permissions to use IRON_AXE or something like that.

12. Offline

Winterfellhard

Pex can't stop you from using an item. World's guard black list can tho. I would check that out.

Note: This applies only to flags. The main config yes you can edit it. Also with world guard don't add things into the config. Bad bad. Do it in game via the commands. You will get an error if you did it wrong, or if it doesn't exist.

Edit: also I would get one region working then copy and paste it to all your regions :p

13. Offline

xBlazezak18

Where can I find the world guard blacklist?
    Also I only edited it out of game so I could copy flags over and over for all of my mines

EDIT: I think I found it, here it is, it doesn't seem to be blacklisting anything.
    Code:
    #
    # WorldGuard blacklist
    #
    # The blacklist lets you block actions, blocks, and items from being used.
    # You choose a set of "items to affect" and a list of "actions to perform."
    #
    ###############################################################################
    #
    # Example to block some ore mining and placement:
    # [coalore,goldore,ironore]
    # on-break=deny,log,kick
    # on-place=deny,tell
    #
    # Events that you can detect:
    # - on-break (when a block of this type is about to be broken)
    # - on-destroy-with (the item/block held by the user while destroying)
    # - on-place (a block is being placed)
    # - on-use (an item like flint and steel or a bucket is being used)
    # - on-interact (when a block in used (doors, chests, etc.))
    # - on-drop (an item is being dropped from the player's inventory)
    # - on-acquire (an item enters a player's inventory via some method)
    # - on-dispense (a dispenser is about to dispense an item)
    #
    # Actions (for events):
    # - deny (deny completely, used blacklist mode)
    # - allow (used in whitelist mode)
    # - notify (notify admins with the 'worldguard.notify' permission)
    # - log (log to console/file/database)
    # - tell (tell a player that that's not allowed)
    # - kick (kick player)
    # - ban (ban player)
    #
    # Options:
    # - ignore-groups (comma-separated list of groups to not affect)
    # - ignore-perms (comma-separated list of permissions to not affect - make up
    #  your very own permissions!)
    # - comment (message for yourself that is printed with 'log' and 'notify')
    # - message (optional message to show the user instead; %s is the item name)
    #
    #
    # For more information, see:
    # http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Blacklist
    #
    #
    # Some examples follow.
    # REMEMBER: If a line has # in front, it will be ignored.
    #

# Deny lava buckets
    #[lavabucket]
    #ignore-perms=my.own.madeup.permission
    #ignore-groups=admins,mods
    #on-use=deny,tell

# Deny some ore
    #[coalore,goldore,ironore]
    #on-break=notify,deny,log

# Some funky data value tests
    #[wood:0;>=2]
    #on-break=notify,deny,log

14. Offline

Winterfellhard

Ok yeah I would delete everything out of your flags for each region.

open up the world guard folder. Open up the black list place # in front of every line, make a note where you start and finish. then go into your world folder the world with the mines. Do the same thing to this blacklist. Stop and start back up the server. Go in game and add flags via /region flag <regionname> <flag> <allow/deny>.

Be sure to /region setpriority so that region takes precedence over the __global__ region.

To see a list of flags in game type /region f <regionname> ajhsds
    Note: does not have to be those letters just smash your keyboard for like 4 or 5 and then it will display all the region flags you can use.
    Try to get your mineA region working then do /region info <regionname> to display the flags for that region.

Edit:: Good luck! Also once you get the one working region you can just transfer the flags over to the other regions. Then you will need to create the super black list preventing place even though they all have build permissions if you remove every item they can build with they can't do it.

15. Offline

xBlazezak18

ok, I will try it tomorrow and let you know the results ASAP!

16. Offline

JaguarJo

You could also try giving your groups the permission node - essentials.build just in case it is EssentialsAntibuild blocking you. I seem to remember seeing that no permission message in connection with Essentials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.