WoW Instances

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by imawesome511, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Offline

imawesome511

I think it would be cool if there was a plugin that made sort of WoW Instances it will allow an Staff Member to build a dungeon(like a Zelda Dungeon) Set it as a dungeon and copy it and set hose copy's as instances where only 1 party can get into that dungeon and another party has to go to another dungeon. As soon as the party leaves the dungeon the dungeon will reset as a copy of the original dungeon that was set in the config. If you haven't already gotten what I am saying an Instance is a copy of a dungeon that one or a party of players play on and other partys or players go into another one of these "Instances". It needs to...

1.Be able to have a copy set in the config(doesn't have to be a config just using this as an example)
    2.Be able to reset a dungeon when someone leaves based off of this copy
    3.Be able to have the "Instances" run in the same world
    4.Be compatable with or have it's own /party command to allow party's of people to enter a dungeon
    It Doesn't Need To but would like...
    1.Use signs to enter a dungeon
    2.Has ability to make custom mobs(Like different stats changed states)(don't need to will try to use other plugins)

2. Offline

swiftshader

Good idea! Swift supports!

3. Offline

pure1101

This is a most intriguing idea. I don't know how possible it would be to have instances run in a already existing world, that sort of player/world manipulation isn't something I've ever delved into, otherwise I could do most of the other stuff...

Is there any reason why it has to be in the same world?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

5. Offline

imawesome511

It doesn't have to be in the same world I was thinking though that this would take less resources because it didn't have to run multiple worlds at once

I mean I have a plugin that does something like this but it doesn't copy the dungeon and it is EXTREMELY hard to use and there is no documentation for it

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

pure1101

fair enough, It would be simpler to put it in a world dedicated to dungeons as finding an empty/unused space to put the dungeon would take loads of power. I can probably give this a try if you want, just have a few reserves about developing anything with the current DMCA situation...

7. Offline

imawesome511

Oh really cool thanks I was going to try and do it but I am not very good at Java Programming and I can't get the latest Bukkit API due to the DMCA situation

8. Offline

swiftshader

9. Offline

pure1101

I have an api no idea which though... Works for 1.7.* so yea, I'll see what I can do.

also I don't really mind making this, but there are some like it... oh and I can't be bothered to release onto dev.bukkit anymore, all my stuff goes onto github.

10. Offline

imawesome511

Well that would work too! Also, would you be ok with joining my server staff?

11. Offline

pure1101

PM'd you.

ok, i've started this; working on the party interface first. I'm making the command interface as simple as possible, I'm not gonna bother with colors for now, I'll deal with that later. When I get something thats close to what you want I'll put a release up on my github under a repo called Raid and untill then I'll likely be uploading src there anyway.

12. Offline

imawesome511

pure1101 cool can't wait to see what you'r doing :D

pure1101 Oh I see you've put in the Party Interface :)

13. Offline

pure1101

imawesome511 yea, party stuff is pretty much completed, I've added permissions as well. Just gonna add a way of creating and getting into dungeons and then I'll compile a release.

14. Offline

imawesome511