Zelda-like Dungeon Doors & Keys

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Eria8, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Offline

Eria8

"Locked doors, which are mostly found in dungeons, require a Key to open. The keys from a particular dungeon can be used only on doors within that same dungeon."
    -Excerpt from the Zelda wiki, the base idea for the plugin.

If you've played any Zelda game you should know what I'm talking about.

In the plugin you should be able to place a door and lock it with some command like "/lock [number]". And then have any item in your hand and use something like "/key [number] [name]" and the item turns into a key that unlocks any door with the same number, then the key disappears.
    But I would need it to be unlocked for only the person who used the key, so they can open/close it whenever they want after unlocking it, but if someone else wants to use the door they would have to find another key with that number.
    If someone tries opening a locked door without a key they should get the message, "You need a key to unlock this door." Being able to customise the message in a config would be useful but not necessary.

For permissions something would just be needed that gives access to those commands or just make it admins-only.

It would be an amazing addition to the server I help run that's updating to 1.7 in a couple of weeks :p

2. Offline

tcvs

Eria8 I am actually interested in doing this... I was thinking an Item with the name key with the lore of the door #. Do you want it so that on click it consumes it. and do you want it to lock itself again after a certain amount of time.

joeygallegos likes this.
  3. Offline

Eria8

Yeah, when you click to use the key it's consumed. But I want it to be always unlocked for the person who used the key, yet still locked for anyone who hasn't used a key.
    And I just want to make sure you can set any item you're holding as a key.

4. Offline

tcvs

Eria8 in the future make sure to tag me so I get notified. I might start working on this on Saturday but no sooner. If someone wants to pick this up before then, feel free to do so. I have a lot of projects on my hands after picking up a out of date plugin that is going to need a lot of rewriting.

5. Offline

Eria8

tcvs Will do. No rush :p

6. Offline

tcvs

Eria8 So i can get this straight when you set the door you want it so you are holding an item and set that as the key? Or do you want it to give you a new key on the creation.

7. Offline

Eria8

tcvs Well what I'd like would be to have one command to set the door as locked and give it a number, and a separate command to set the key as the item you're holding and give it a number.

But I guess either way would work, as long as:
    1) you'd be able to have multiple keys to the same door and
    2) the item you're holding would become the key

And what I mean by multiple keys to one door is, I want one player to open a chest, grab a key, and open the door. And then another player comes along, grabs another key from the chest, and opens the same door with it, and so on for any player.

8. Offline

tcvs

Eria8 OK I will figure it out this weekend.

9. Offline

_Rodrix_

@tcvs Any news about this?? Im really interested too!