Bukkit won't recognize my old map

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KevinIsPwn, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KevinIsPwn

Back when you had to change what world you want in server.properties.

Anyways, our nether world, normal world, and end are all in one folder ("world"). How can I convert them to where bukkit will use them?

2. Offline

dahockeymasta12

Normally, the worlds are divided into 3 folders in the root area of the server: world, world_nether, and world_the_end. Maybe you have all in that world folder and divided in there? If so, just copy and paste the world_nether and world_the_end into your server root folder.

If that's not the case, then could you give us a screenshot showing what it looks like inside your world folder?

3. Offline

KevinIsPwn

Oops, sorry for the late response.
    Full folder:
    [​IMG]
    "world" folder:
    [​IMG]
    Excuse the fact that these are pictures of a screen. :)

Also, I know it's a mess. We've been through so many updates, applied so many quick-fixes, switched between bukkit and vanilla twice (currently on vanilla).

Any help is very welcome, as I've had to turn the server off because of those stupid griefers...

I wouldn't mind restarting the nether, we just have a very small, simple base with a netherwart farm. In the end, however, we have a massive XP grinder... sooo, saving that would be nice.

4. Offline

TnT

Did you honestly take a picture of your monitor, instead of just hitting print screen, opening paint, and hitting paste?

Just curious, sorry to derail the post.

Adamki11s and iPhysX like this.
  5. PrtScn ;)

6. Offline

iPhysX

7. Offline

lappro

just copy that entire map 3 times to bukkit then rename and delete it like this:
    world: normal editnameto: world deletemapinside: dim-1 & dim1
    world: nether editnameto: world_nether deletemapinside: region & dim1
    world: the end editnameto: world_the_end deletemapinside: region & dim-1

8. Offline

KevinIsPwn

@Adamki11s @TnT I didn't want to find a flash drive, and my server computer does not run internet browsers well (no clue why). So, this was the easiest way to upload pictures. (yes, I know about printscreen)

@iPhysX It's not running bukkit right now, because bukkit doesn't work with my map files.

Edit: I'm trying that now, lappro.

9. Fair Enough

10. Offline

TnT

@KevinIsPwn
    Interesting. If its networked, you could use UNC shares to move the files around. Either way, not the point of this post and I'm sure you'd have done what you could if it were possible.

Anyway, for the worlds to stay the way they are is pretty simple. No need to edit anything (backup before you do anything of course).

Shut down your old server (doesn't matter if its vanilla, hmod, canary, craftbukkit, or mineserver.de - none of them alter the world file)
    Create a new folder, name it craftbukkit. Copy (not move) your world folders from your vanilla folder into your craftbukkit folder. Since they are named "world" you don't need to modify anything.
    Download the latest RB of CraftBukkit (links are all over). Create your simple start script to launch CraftBukkit.
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar

Run that script. You should have a new server instance of CraftBukkit running working with the old worlds.

iPhysX likes this.
  11. Offline

KevinIsPwn

@TnT It doesn't work, I've tried. :(
    @lappro This is very odd. For some reason, I'm getting a port binding error. I haven't changed anything but the maps. :S

12. Offline

iPhysX

Are you running another instance of the server?

13. Offline

KevinIsPwn

@iPhysX No.

I'll restart my computer and see if that does anything (doubtful, but hey. worth a shot...)

EDIT: Oops. I opened up task manager, and there was another instance of the server running. The CMD window wasn't up or anything...

Thanks so much, guys! :D

EDIT 2: @lappro Sorry to bug you, but when players log in, they don't log in in the nether/ the end, only the normal world...

iPhysX likes this.
  14. Offline

lappro

well players should be in the normal world when they enter but they should be able to travel from the normal world to the nether with a portal.
    On my server it worked...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.