Dot Command Log

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by lecraeman, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Offline

lecraeman

UPDATE: I have updated this idea...I might make a separate thread if it's allowed, but until then here it is:

However, It made me think of another plugin. Basically the plugin would have a VERY simple command like:

When you did this the person would be frozen, go invisible, stop taking damage, be blocked from chat, and prevented from using commands. They would then need to type in .help in the chat, and then type in .legit in chat(You could even make this configurable to whatever you want). If they left or didn't do it in under say 3 minutes it would execute a custom command that could be put in the config:

This config could also be setup to do a captcha type thing, and when they complete all the questions it returns them to their normal state. I know some clients can disable it, and some don't even have console, but it would work for the average 12 year old who grabs a hack client off of wizardhax.

OLD IDEA WILL NOT WORK:

I was wondering if it's possible to log any chat message with . in front of it. Most clients use this and it would be very useful. It would basically log the players name, the time, and the date, and the command they used and put it in a file.

I don't know if clients actually send the message(I don't think it does),but if it does this would be very useful. Feed back would be great!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

lecraeman Client stops the message from being send to the server

1mpre55 and WarmakerT like this.
  3. Offline

lecraeman

I figured :(

4. Offline

DarkRiddles

I thought the server logged recorder everything a player did?

5. Offline

lecraeman

Yes, but the client doesn't send it. It basically grabs the command and runs it, but doesn't send it to the server. I figured it would be like that :(

6. Offline

lecraeman

TIM! I just found out something.

I went on HiveMC and used a client to test out . commands, and they somehow have it blocked.

When I send the message they say "Sorry, That command is invalid".

So, Apparently the client does send it to the server as well???

7. Online

If you use a modified client it won't

8. Offline

lecraeman

I was using one called...Konso? Maybe...

Reply to this so that I can test it here in a moment(I am kinda busy right now).

I checked it and you are correct, it did not work :(

However, It made me think of another plugin. Basically the plugin would have a VERY simple command like:

When you did this the person would be frozen, go invisible, stop taking damage, be blocked from chat, and prevented from using commands. They would then need to type in .help in the chat, and then type in .legit in chat(You could even make this configurable to whatever you want). If they left or didn't do it in under say 3 minutes it would execute a custom command that could be put in the config:

This config could also be setup to do a captcha type thing, and when they complete all the questions it returns them to their normal state. I know some clients can disable it, and some don't even have console, but it would work for the average 12 year old who grabs a hack client off of wizardhax.

I updated the thread to display my new idea for a HackCheck plugin!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  9. Offline

Samthelord1

I've played around with a few clients in the past, 90% of them can bypass this,
    Example; huzuni, you can .say .help

10. Offline

lecraeman

1. Couldn't you just setup a test to have them say .say in chat?
    2. Doesn't matter. As I said:
    I know a lot of people are smarter then this, but I have caught 5-6 people on my server by doing all this manually in the past 2 days.

11. Offline

Samthelord1

.say .say buddy :/

lecraeman likes this.
  12. Offline

lecraeman

lol. I know I thought of that as I sent it. Also...please refrain from using "Buddy" seriously...I made one stupid mistake, I am not 5...bud ;)

Either way. I said that it's rather effective against the barrage of 10-12 year olds on my server that just grabbed Nodus off of Wizardhax...

I feel like you are hunting for reasons for someone to NOT make this xD

I already know that it will at least help me catch 40%-50% more people hacking on my server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Samthelord1

I call a lot of people buddy, it has nothing to do with age :)

14. Offline

lecraeman

Seems derogatory, but that's cool. I am still interested in someone making this, and I know other people will be.

15. Offline

Not2EXceL

Just make a check plugin that actually works. Such as safeguard and not ncp. Checking for something like this is dumb.

16. Offline

lecraeman

I haven't tried safeguard, but it hasn't been updated in ages. I try to keep my plugins updated as to avoid problems. Either way, I didn't request a plugin that did that.

Have you tested it with 1.7.2? I can't waste resources on an outdated plugin that will generate errors.

17. Online

Local test server?

18. Offline

lecraeman

My computer is not built for hosting anything, and my mine craft already only gets like 30 FPS and lower. Hosting a server I will barely be able to move.

Plus, That's why I like using updated plugins...I shouldn't need to test it on a local test server before I use it. Maybe I am just too lazy...

Erg...nothing is easy.

19. Online

I know :p
    But looking at functionality: doubt it that it isn't working

20. Offline

lecraeman

I am sure it works, but old plugins tend to cause lots of errors for me, and I had to delete several because my server was constantly crashing.