essentials warps and warp signs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by meowkittie, May 16, 2012.

1. Offline

meowkittie

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    How can I work it out to make it so a player can use a warp sign, but cant do /warp to get to that same warp. Example:

I want a player to be able to do /warp spawn, so i give them essentials.warp.spawn. I want them to be able to use a warp sign to the warp titled tutorial, but don't want to allow them to do /warp tutorial. Apparently this doesnt work because if i dont give them essentials.warp.tutorials, they cant use the sign, but if i do give them this permission, they can now do /warp toturials, which i dont want to allow.

I have tried everything btu can't get around this. any help would be appreciated :cool:
  2. Offline

Bluerooste42

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Give them the permission node "essentials.signs.use.warp".
    It'll let them use all [Warp] signs, but not /warp warpname.
    Do not give them "essentials.warp"

Hope this helps.
  3. Offline

ashley

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    maybe you could use another warp plugin just for this one
    that allows commandsign inut from everyone but not from command /warp tutorial
  4. Offline

meowkittie

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Giving only essentials.signs.warp doesn't solve the problem though. I want players to be able to do /warp to get to some places so I need to give them essentials.warp.

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by meowkittie May 16, 2012.
  5. Offline

meowkittie

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    @ashley
    do you know of any good, lightweight warp plugins? I was looking to do this but it seemed like every up to date plugin that includes warps was another version of essentials that will also inlude 1,000 other functions I don't want. I just want one that has only warp signs

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by meowkittie May 16, 2012.
  6. Offline

Bluerooste42

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    You said you don't want them to /warp tutorial in the OP.
    Then you said you want them to be able to use /warp to get to some places, so I assume you want them to be able to /warp to everywhere except /warp tutorial.

You could manually configure permissions for everything to be
    "essentials.warp.warpname" for every single warp you have, or you could do this (Not sure if it works, haven't tested.):

Give players "essentials.warp.*" AND "-essentials.warp.tutorial" (Assuming your permission plugin supports using the "-node". If you use GroupManager (What I use), it should work like that.
  7. Offline

ashley

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    @meowkittie ofcourse i can
    here is one i think will suite youre needs !
    EDIT : plugin was not released yet searching ofr other one

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by ashley May 16, 2012.
    meowkittie likes this.
  8. Offline

meowkittie

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    alright, i will check back in later and download it if you find one. Thanks for the help
  9. Offline

ashley

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
  10. Offline

Bluerooste42

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Never mind, ashley found a better one.
    Perhaps this one?
    It costs items, but I suppose you could set it to cost 0 items, or make it something worthless like dirt.

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by Bluerooste42 May 16, 2012.