Failed to get local InetAddress for VMID. No idea what it means

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Fress_, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Fress_

Hi.

I'm getting this weird error, I have no idea what it means. Could any of you be kind enough and explain at least where should I check the problem from? The only bug within the server is that the day and night cycles don't switch. Whenever I set it day, for example, the sun rises for 5 seconds and then falls back to dawn and it continues like this forever.

Code:
    2012-02-09 17:58:49 [INFO] Failed to get local InetAddress for VMID. This is unlikely to matter. At all. We'll add some extra randomness
    java.net.UnknownHostException: mineos: mineos
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(Unknown Source)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0ImplUtils.generateVmId(C3P0ImplUtils.java:120)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0ImplUtils.<clinit>(C3P0ImplUtils.java:98)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.PoolBackedDataSourceBase.<init>(PoolBackedDataSourceBase.java:227)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.<init>(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:62)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource.<init>(ComboPooledDataSource.java:109)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource.<init>(ComboPooledDataSource.java:105)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.data.ProtectedBlockJDBC.<init>(ProtectedBlockJDBC.java:44)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.data.ProtectedBlockJDBC.<init>(ProtectedBlockJDBC.java:39)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.data.ProtectedBlockSQLite.<init>(ProtectedBlockSQLite.java:13)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.EssentialsConnect$ProtectReloader.reloadConfig(EssentialsConnect.java:108)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.EssentialsConnect.<init>(EssentialsConnect.java:33)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.EssentialsProtect.onEnable(EssentialsProtect.java:51)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:231)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:1057)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:379)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:191)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:174)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:357)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:344)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:175)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:408)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: mineos
        at java.net.Inet4AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
        at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(Unknown Source)
        ... 23 more
    Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks!

Any ideas?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  2. Offline

gbumoon

I get the same error with EssentialsProtect running, if I remove EssentialsProtect the error goes away. Funny thing is this started happening after I moved to a data center for hosting. I removed the Essentials folder and allowed server to re-build, still get the error. I downloaded all files to my home computer, launch server and no error. I think it has something to do with the configuration of a the server. :/

Unfortunately, I found a couple other threads on this topic but no solutions.

3. Offline

-_Husky_-

Aha, let me guess.. Theres a auto port forwarding plugin in there?

If not, you must state an ip (external) in the server properties

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.