FPS LAG on my bukkit server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Moincroft, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Moincroft

Ok i have setup my own bukkit server which was 1.2.3 now 1.2.4 ( il update it 1.2.5 soon)
    So my problem is my bukkit server gains fps lag... i only play with my buddy so thats like
    2 people on the server. For some reason when i check the fps via F3 my fps is 20-30 then suddenly drops to 3-8 after like 7 secs. And soon the fps stays longer at 3-4 than 20-30. The first time i made a bukkit server we didnt experience this lag only very minor lag. i even disabled all plugins and created a new world to check and still fps drops to 3-8. And when i play singleplayer i dont lag at all. Anyone knows a WORKING solution?

2. Offline

ClichedBluefish

What are your server specs? RAM? Connection speed? Processor?

A list of your plugins would also help.

You're not really giving anyone much to work with here.

3. Offline

andrewpo

4. Offline

Moincroft

sorry about that im new here
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GH
    Ram: 4GB
    Connection Speed: 54.0 mbps
    Java -build 1.6.0_31-B05
    I don't run any wrappers
    Craftbukkit: build 1.2.4-R1.0

5. Offline

andrewpo

Doesn't excuse you from not paying attention to the sticky topics but thanks for the information. :p

and I doubt your internet speed is 54mbps, considering that's the standard for old wifi. Go to speedtest.net and check.

You should get something like....
    [​IMG]

Edit: Oh ok, try it without wifi.
    Wifi creates latency issues - make sure both your computer and the computer with the server on are connected via ethernet.

If you're running the server on the same computer you're playing on, that's bad practice.

How much RAM have you allocated to Java for the sever? (your start/run.bat file)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  6. Offline

Moincroft

Uhm i forgot that i use an access point to play with my buddy and we play offline not online :)

7. Offline

andrewpo

I updated my last post^^^^

8. Offline

Moincroft

I host the server and my bud plays on the other comp
    The run.bat thing i tried editing the Xmx file thing to 2048M so its Xmx2048M but there was no change still fps drops

9. Offline

andrewpo

Do you have a graphics card? (i.e. not integrated graphics, a proper graphics card)

10. Offline

Moincroft

GeForce 315M

11. Offline

andrewpo

You don't have to re-post it, I saw it earlier.

That's integrated graphics - make sure your graphics card drivers are updated.

If that doesn't fix anything, try getting the SMP 'optifine' mod (make sure you choose the right one, there are ~3 options)

12. Offline

Moincroft

lol sorry my reply wasnt appearing and i was replying so u could be alerted X) im pretty sure my drivers are updated but il check and il be sure to try the SMP "optifine" mod :)

I cant seem to find the SMP version of the optifine mod. I can only find the client one. Do you know where i can find the SMP version?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

andrewpo

There is no specific SMP version, it covers everything.

14. Offline

Moincroft

I checked the optifine and tried the client one but then it really didnt help :(

I would also like to add that i found this problem when i saw an error message in my console "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?". And then i started to lag like hell. I know this has something to do with the lag.

Not to mention when i use the official minecraft_server.exe the FPS goes to 20-50! :confused: how come? is it because something is wrong with bukkit? i haven't found a problem yet regarding the fps lag on bukkit but for now il stay with the official server of minecraft :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.