Frequent crashing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Hankscorpiouk, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hankscorpiouk

Hi everyone, happy new year :)

I'm hoping you might be able to help with some serious issues We're having - we're running the R0.3 build for 1.4.6 released a few days ago, however we're experiencing

frequent crashing and then people unable to log in, getting lots of different errors.

"Internal error - recv failed", "Internal error - connection reset", "Took too long to long in".

I've collected quite a few crash reports over the last few days but can't make head nor tails of them :(

These are the plugins we're running:

PlugMan,
    Lottery,
    RocketBoots,
    WorldEdit,
    Towny,
    Register,
    SimpleTips,
    Buycraft,
    CraftBukkitUpToDate,
    Vault,
    Modifyworld,
    PermissionsEx,
    Questioner,
    LWC,
    Vote4Diamondz,
    Freeze,
    mcMMO,
    WorldGuard,
    HomeSpawnPlus,
    Essentials,
    MagicCarpet,
    ChatManager,
    ChestShop

Here's the startup command we use:

screen -dmS MinecraftBukkit146R01 java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.4.6-R0.3.jar nogui

We're also using CentOS Linux 64 bit, I think.

This is the top of last crash report (full one at http://pastebin.com/mQq5seGC):

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 1/3/13 9:07 PM
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
    at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:691)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.NetworkManager.d(NetworkManager.java:308)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.PendingConnection.a(PendingConnection.java:176)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.Packet254GetInfo.handle(SourceFile:23)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:290)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.PendingConnection.c(PendingConnection.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.DedicatedServerConnectionThread.a(DedicatedServerConnectionThread.java:44)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:29)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:598)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:224)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:494)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
    Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.18-028stab099.3
    Java Version: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 714166624 bytes (681 MB) / 960430080 bytes (915 MB) up to 960430080 bytes (915 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M
    AABB Pool Size: 340 (19040 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 39 (2184 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: $Proxy3, $Proxy4, $Proxy5, ...[com.avaje.ebean.LogLevel, EbeanServerFactory, BackgroundExecutor, ...],

Many thanks for any help you can offer, would be very grateful for any insights as to what's going on
    (oh and we're looking for HelperVIPs on the server - which is a kinda Admin-Lite thing)

Regards,
    Hank.

2. Offline

raysoukey

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
    Xms1024M

You need to assign more memory to your server. You have more than 1Gb in your server?

screen -dmS MinecraftBukkit146R01 java -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -jar craftbukkit-1.4.6-R0.3.jar nogui

3. Offline

Hankscorpiouk

Hi, thanks for your reply, I think we've only got 1GB. Whenever I try to allocate more memory the server launch command fails....

Weird thing is, the server never seems to manage to get beyond 6 or 7 players without crashing. I was under the impression 1GB was usually good enough for about 10 - 15....?

Thanks.

4. Offline

uroskn

It is enough. Have you tried starting it up without some plugins?​
    Looks like some plugin is leaking memory. Or it is simply too hungry on memory. :)

5. Offline

Hankscorpiouk

Hey, thanks for your reply. I lost the craftbukkit plugin, but server's just crashed again. Sadly we can't really afford to lose any of the others. But I wonder, could there be something about one of the player's clients causing the problem? We seem to get the crashes quite often shorly after one of our mods comes on, just a coincidence?

The server's also crashing at startup too. The pattern is it'll be fine for a few hours, then crash, then despite me restarting everything including the container, it'll immediately crash on restart several times in a row, then start working again for a few hours.... :/

EDIT: Are there any ways to quickly identify what plugin might be causing it? Is that definitely what's happening?

EDIT 2: We just had 5 people in, so I used the /gc command, which reported there was 600+ free MB......few mins later it crashed again..... *at a total loss* :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  6. Offline

ShadowDog007

Start removing plugins, one at a time. If you remove one plugin, and the server never crashes, then its causing your problem.

7. Offline

Hankscorpiouk

It seems the problem was the other services that were starting up with the server (httpd, crond and MySQL). I disabled all those and the server's been rock solid ever since, bit surprised really I wouldn't have thought those things to be THAT demanding. Anyway thaks a lot for your help guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.