Friends can't join server..

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Balisong, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Balisong

So, I can't seem to figure out why my friends can't join my bukkit server. I forwarded the ports, online mode is on, added them as ops as well. We all have legit copies of minecraft. My normal minecraft server they can join just fine, but for some reason this one doesn't work.. Anyway, they get a timed out message, they say. I gave them the external ip address, and tried giving them the internal, but I figured that wouldn't work anyway. So can anyone help me out? I decided to include the below info even if I don't need it.

1. Windows 7
    2. 64x
    3. Not sure about this, but it's the latest version. Typing java -version in CMD does nothing.
    4. I'm not running any wrappers.
    5. Build 815
    6. Not sure what this means.
    7. Essentials.
    8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file if possible)? No error, but my freinds are getting a timed out error.

Keep in mind, I understand this version is unstable and all, but even the 1.5 builds that WERE stable would not allow my friends in, so I'm sure it isn't dependant on what build I'm using.

Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? Maybe I'm not supposed to forward ports? Idk.

2. Offline

blacky5

If you dont get any error message while your friend is connecting, you have not set the ports right.

3. Offline

Balisong

It's not really possible for me to have done it wrong. I did it the exact same as I did on my previous server. I have checked several times. I myself do not get any error messages, but he does.

4. Offline

jtlcr777

I've heard users who have Single Player Commands (or other single player hacks/mods) on have trouble connecting, though this might not apply to you.

Anyway "connection timed out" means either the server doesnt exist or the server is rejecting connection because of bad connection and ping. So either your server is very laggy or your friends have bad connections. I'm not too sure myself.

Just throwing out some ideas there.

5. Offline

Balisong

I appreciate the help, but yeah, neither of those would apply. Whenever I see someone having an issue when everyone else is doing fine when it comes to installing stuff, running servers, etc. I just say "Oh well, poor guy." Never expected it to happen to me xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.