Horse or Animal Protection via NameTags

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by theFallenBreed, Jul 2, 2013.

?

Would you like this Plugin Made?

Poll closed Jul 16, 2013.
  1. Yes

84.6%
  2. No

15.4%
  1. Offline

theFallenBreed

Plugin category: Anti-Griefing? Administrative?

Suggested name: iLivestock, HorseProtect, LovesToTrot, idk - TagLock?

What I want: I guess to quickly summarize my idea, this plugin would be like LWC or Lockette for Mobs. Mainly I would like for players to easily protect their Horses but if possible maybe protect their other livestock/pets as well. I know there have been a few posts about horses already and I don't know if anyone has anything in the works, but I think I do have a relatively simple idea on how to at least protect them from being killed or stolen by other players. Simply use the Minecraft Name Tags to create the lock.

Mostly I would like it to simply allow players to protect their Horse or Animals from being killed or ridden by other players. But if it is not to difficult maybe add in the ability too feed/breed animals only by the 'owner'.

How It Works: Simple use of the Minecraft Name Tag on Player's Horse or Animal/Mob. It would be nice for this to work without a database like Lockette, but if it needs to be done then it needs to be done with MYSQL or whatever. Idk if the name tags will need an added interface or maybe just a simple command while the item is held in ones hand to activate the lock with the tag.

- When Name Tag is in hand will leave message in Chat saying how to use the tag to lock their Horse. Which is a command like /taglock [playername]
    - Name the Tag on Anvil (Normal)
    - Use the /taglock command and then apply tag to animal normally.
    - Ta Da your Horse is now protected :D

Ideas for commands:
    /taglock [playername] - lock/protect Horse/Animal to that player
    /taglock who - show who owns Horse/Animal
    /taglock add [playername] - maybe be able to add players to the Horse/Animal
    /taglock remove - remove/unlock Horse/Animal
    /taglock transfer [owner] [newplayer] - maybe a transfer of ownership command (idk how hard this would be to accomplish Kuddos if you're able to make it work)

Ideas for permissions:
    taglock.use - allow player to use taglock
    taglock.protect - protect animal
    taglock.who - see who owns this animal
    taglock.add - add a friend to your animal
    taglock.remove - remove taglock
    taglock.transfer - allow players to transfer ownership of animals
    taglock.admin - access to all commands

Other possible perms for limiting mobs that players can lock:
    taglock.protect.passive - able to lock all types of passive mobs (animals)
    taglock.protect.hostile - able to lock all types of hostile mobs (idk if this one should actually be included)
    taglock.protect.horse
    taglock.protect.cow
    taglock.protect.sheep
    taglock.protect.chicken
    taglock.protect.pig
    taglock.protect.mooshroom
    taglock.protect.ocelot
    taglock.protect.wolf
    taglock.protect.villager
    taglock.protect.bat
    taglock.protect.squid

When I'd like it by: Sometime in the near future when possible.

P.S. Sorry if what I have written seems to be changing over time, but I started with an idea then realized it still need tailored from just a simple tag placement possibly. As well as you will see I started to like the name taglock. Though if you come up with a better name feel free to change it since you will be coding it and it will pretty much be yours.

Oh, also I had another thought, make sure that people cannot lead an Owner's animals away xD. Another thing is maybe a possible taglock limiter, as in maybe a choice for Server Owners to limit how many Horses/Animals a player may protect. So only 10 protected animals if enabled, with the selection set to false on default.

I can only imagine someone digs a pit somewhere and uses the leads to steal everyone's horses and leave them there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  2. Offline

Plumeex

YES. I need this too. :)

3. Offline

Faith

I'll take this on. When do you need this completed by?

Creeperz likes this.
  4. Offline

nxtguy

theFallenBreed This sounds like a really cool plugin!
    Players on my server have been wanting something like this and I was going to start developing it until I saw this post which expands on the idea way more!

Good luck Faith :D

obscurehero and Faith like this.
  5. Offline

theFallenBreed

Awesome, I wasn't expecting anyone to actually start looking at this. :D

Faith I have no real set completion date. Just as soon as you can get it working properly. I get that coding and script can take some time. The server I admin on has not updated yet, we are just waiting on Bukkit and our other plugins to update really. Ty for taking this on for us.

nxtguy Ty, I've been thinking about the horses and planning for this update on our recent Map. Glad you like it.

TY for everyone's support in this.

Also it may need a public perm/lock, like the LWC chest at least for maybe Villagers if you are able to get that in, for Trading purposes. Unless the trading aspect can still be maintained as a free to all even with the taglock. Which I've read the tags for Adult villagers are buggy. So if servers wanted to setup a 'shop' or 'trade' area with vanilla NPC Villagers, the admins could use a /taglock public or something and the Villagers would be protected but still able to trade with anyone on the server. This is just another thought and can be a addon as the plugin is updated. Doesn't have to be with the full package.

Again Ty Faith for taking this on as well as to everyone who is showing interest.

6. Offline

Faith

Okay, no worries. I'll get it done by the 12th.

Plumeex likes this.
  7. Offline

Plumeex

theFallenBreed Since it's possible to kill a mob in many ways (fire, water, suffocation...), it would be nice to have some sort of "god mode" for the protected mobs, right?
    If you can do this Faith, it'd be awesome. :D

8. Offline

theFallenBreed

I guess if enough people want that, then yeah a god mode would be nice. Though make sure its a toggle within the yml file...think its the yml file, been awhile since i personally was setting up servers and messing with plugins.

Faith Thank You, Can't wait to see it up and running then. Want me to maybe design a logo for it? I do have photoshop and stuff.

9. Offline

Faith

10. Offline

bluemadness107

I need this! Players will kill my cats and dogs, plus wolves always spawn in my sheep pen which is a death sentence to to the sheep inside.

11. Offline

theFallenBreed

So idk how closely anyone is paying following this plugin request but here are a few iterations i made so far. I'm going to post them on steam to and hopefully the players on our server will have some input too for the logo design.

Logo Set I
    [​IMG]

Logo Set II
    [​IMG]

12. Offline

kimb00p

I have been refreshing this page everyday! This is a great idea and I will be installing it to my server when it's complete :)

13. Offline

Plumeex

14. Offline

mrbrasta

isn't this what you are looking for ?

15. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Lol, forgot to add the link :p

16. Offline

mrbrasta

MasculineBulldog and timtower like this.
  17. Offline

theFallenBreed

mrbrasta Yeah kinda though it has a lot of things i'm not interested in beyond just protecting the horses. I also want to be able to protect possibly other animals and villagers too via the Name Tags. I'm not interested in too many added in sort of modding features. Like the armor recipe, though it says its toggleable. Idk if having these extra items would still give the plugin more weight on a server or not even when they are turned off.

hmm. I know Faith has been working on this, idk how far he/she is atm considering they said they would have it done around the 12th. Though hopefully the one Faith produces can be a nice kind of light-weight version that can protect all the farming mobs.

Faith idk, what were your ideas on this plugin mrbasta linked: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/stables/

Plumeex also ty for your input on the Logo.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  18. Offline

nxtguy

19. Offline

theFallenBreed

Here's the new round of Logos:

[​IMG]

20. Offline

kimb00p

I like the logo #12 and #16 on the 3rd set.

21. Offline

theFallenBreed

kimb00p ty, I have been liking 12-17 as well as most people I show this too.

obscurehero likes this.
  22. Offline

theFallenBreed

So, for anyone still watching this thread. I haven't heard anything from Faith yet but I only messaged them a day ago, on whether or not they are still working on this plugin. Though if he stopped I wouldn't blame him.

But from the post from a few other people, there are plugins being developed to protect horses at least.

Animal Lock
    by nxtguy

- I set up a test to see if it worked and I for some reason was not able to get it to work properly. The shift Click for selecting the animal you want to lock worked and the /a lock command worked but when I had a friend test to see if they could hit the animal still. They were still able to hit and damage them. I will keep an eye on this plugin though, cause I would like to allow players to protect all their animals not just horses.

Stables
    by raum
    linked by mr brasta

- This worked for me in my test server. I'm not into the added recipes though for the plugin but in the config file there is the option to turn them off, which I did. Though it only protects horses. Idk if in the future they dev will add more animals or not. This plugin is working though atm.

23. Offline

nxtguy

24. Offline

kimb00p

Is Faith still working on this? Was kind of really interested. :eek: And I've been refreshing this page every day for a little over a week now. lol

25. Offline

nxtguy

Tag him?

26. Offline

kimb00p

Faith

27. Offline

theFallenBreed

nxtguy Sorry I was away for the week with my family. Here is the config file that i have of animal lock though:

Code:
    #AnimalLock Configuration File
    #-------------------------------
    #
    #updateCheck | Recommended to keep this true.
    updateCheck: true
    #
    #BukkitDev: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/AnimalLock
    #-------------------------------
    #protected | Options for protected/locked animals.
    protected:
      #disablePlayerInteract | Block a player from right clicking a locked entity. (Unless owner)
      disablePlayerInteract: true
      #disablePlayerDamage | Block a player from directly damaging a locked entity. (Unless owner)
      disablePlayerDamage: true
    Also I haven't heard anything more from Faith, so idk, maybe they forgot .-.

28. Offline

obscurehero

nxtguy Faith

I really like the nametag lock feature as opposed to a command. One, it's more immersive but also it allows for more utility to the nametag other than just a 'name'. I'd love to see limits, especially based on permission and/or group (via Vault is what I was thinking). You'd probably need to set a check and config item that allows the user to pick the largest limit or the smallest limit when a user has multiple groups (or just pull the highest priority group).

As theFallenBreed has put so much work into the logo as well as me liking the name better than animallock maybe Faith wouldn't mind nxtguy taking this over and extending/modifying his plugin (and namechange?).

29. Offline

nxtguy

I don't really see how my plugin is that much of a difference than the initial request. The request still requires you to type the lock command. The way my plugin lets players select animals is they sneak then right click them. It seems easier for me and works nicely with my other animal related plugin, tpAnimals. I guess it could make each lock "cost" a name tag or something like that if you guys wanted.

As Faith did claim this request first, I think we should respect that and not take the plugin/name over from him. I agree Animal Lock isn't the best name, but I don't see how the plugin name *really* impacts the plugin performance.

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Animal Lock, please discuss them in the BukkitDev project as it seems the initial request of this plugin has been filled and development inquiries shouldn't really be in this topic. :)

30. Offline

obscurehero

nxtguy - sorry wasn't trying to be critical! Your plugin is great, and the name doesn't really mean much. It's ok! :D