How do i allow Craftbukkit through my firewall?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by snugglebuggle, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

snugglebuggle

Im using Windows 7. I go to my firewall and to add a program and try to browse for the server so i can allow it through my firewall.....one issue, it only lets me find *.exe, *.com, *.icd

how can i find and allow through craftbukkit? when i open location off my desktop shortcut, it gives me a windows batch file....and i HEAR im supposed to allow through a .jar file.

how am i supposed to do this when windows 7 only lets me see certain files to allow through?

can someone walk me through it?

2. Offline

pivotgamer84

Are you trying to port-forward? If so that is a router setting, which isn't controlled by your firewall, rather the router software itself. What type of router are you using?

3. Offline

topcrime`

i need help with that too!

4. Offline

bassfader

You need to allow the java.exe or javaw.exe depending on which one is used in the .bat file. Easiest way would be to just delete it from the list, then when starting the server it should ask you if it gets the permission to access the network or not. There you have to set a tick at some checkbox that allows access to the public network or the internet or something similar, then just press allow or something like that and it should work.

5. Offline

Plnx99

Can you please tell me how to get my firewall to allow my bukkit server? I'm pretty sure it's my firewall, because I've tried to down it off and let my friends join and it worked, but I have no idea how to allow it through Windows Firewall. And I think it's risky to turn off the firewall everytime.

6. Offline

pivotgamer84

Try this (I am not responsible for any security threats):

Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall

Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall

Scroll down until you see: Java(TM) Platform SE Binary

Check all the boxes for those programs under Public.

Click OK

If this doesn't solve it, revert it back to the way it was and go to Google and search "how to port forward a router".

7. I THINK I found out the solution. (Don't count on it though.) in start type "firewall" and klick on "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security". then in inbound rules klick on "new rule" and choose program>>next>>This program path>>Go to where your jar file is. type the name of the jar file (default:Minecraft_server.jar) in the "file name" box and klick on open.>>next>>Allow the connection>>next>>tick all the boxes>>next>>give it a name to your wish>>Finish.

do the same under the outbound rules tab and it should work according to my knowledge. If it does not help then I am sorry I couldn't help any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.