Invisible Walls Plugin - Using Glass

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Yossiq, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Offline

Yossiq

Hi, sorry if I am doing this incorrectly (new to the forums) but here I have filled out the plugin request format!

Invisible Walls!

Suggested name: InvisiWalls, Invisible Walls, iWalls etc.

What I want: I would like a plugin for bukkit's recommended build 1.6.4 that enables admins to create invisible walls in areas where the admin places glass. For example, the admin with the correct permission (or Op) types in a command like /invwalls to activate invisible walls mode. That mode will make it so that whenever that admin places a block of glass, it is considered an invisible wall. The glass will still be shown to the admin until he types in /invwalls again to toggle the invisible walls mode off. When the mode is off, the admin will no longer see the glass walls, and the glass will be invisible. Also, trying to walk through where the glass was placed will not work, and it will act as an invisible wall. Other players should also not be able to see the glass ( it will just be invisible ) and also should not be able to walk through it.
    Basically I would like the plugin to be just like this one:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/invisiblewalls/
    although updated to 1.6.4. Also, when I used this plugin before it was outdated, there was a bug ( or perhaps simply an oversight from the developer ) that made it so that if one admin toggles invisible wall mode on or off, it will toggle it for every single other admin. I would like this plugin to toggle the mode only for the admin that typed the command in.

Ideas for commands:
    Preferably something easy to type, like /invwalls to toggle on/off the invisible walls mode.

Also a command that allows a person with the permission to walk through invisible walls, the command should be something like: /invwalls through

Ideas for permissions:
    invwalls.toggle
    invwalls.walkthrough

When I'd like it by: Please take your time as it is not urgent, and I don't want a too quickly-thrown-together plugin that has bugs. But if you decide to take on this project please inform me so that I know it's going to be made.

If I was not clear enough about how this plugin should be, let me know and I will try to put it into different words. I am pretty tired as I am writing this!

It would be nice if this plugin is uploaded to bukkitdev so that other people can use this as well, since the only other Invisible Walls plugin for bukkit is outdated ( as stated above ).

-Yossiq

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Commander9292 likes this.
  3. Offline

Yossiq

I have before but the plugin seems inactive and I have gotten no replies yet.

4. Offline

Famous Guy

Use voxel sniper or do /stoplag and put ladders on a block and break the block :)

5. Offline

I taghed the developer on this forum, last seen: sunday, so I assume that he will be back

6. Offline

Johni0702

First of all, sorry for not updating the plugin even though people were still asking me to do so. (I just don't receive any notifications from the BukkitDev page when I browse the forums and therefore I didn't notice that people still want to have the plugin updated)
    I'll consider updating my old plugin within the next two weeks but that won't allow you to make single invisible blocks, just whole areas.
    Theoretically you could just create a lot of small areas but that would probably make the server lag a lot. There are two more relative simple ways I can think of, how you can do the invisible walls thing.
    a) As suggested by Famous Guy, you could use invisible ladders (or doors which I'd prefer), the problem with these is that they can only be used as walls, not as ceiling or floor. And they can be seen but will act as real walls instead of the old fashioned stuttering.
    b) Block 36, though I'm not even sure whether that block still works as an invisible barrier or just as an invisible block
    The problem with both methods mentioned above is that they are invisible walls and cannot simply be bypassed. Even if I told the client that the block was destroyed, the server would still not allow to client to move through it. So it looks like we have to stick to the old fashioned teleport-the-player-back-once-they-touch-the-wall method unless someone can come up with a better solution.

7. Offline

Johni0702 Block 36 is non-solid.
    I do have a kinda odd fix for this: let the plugin remove the original wall, when the player.gets near it send blockchanges of solid blocks. Players won't be able to get through but it isn't visible either ( till you get close )
    Or just cancel move events of the players

8. Offline

calebbfmv

Johni0702
    If you feel safe with source code editing, I could update this for you.