MailClearAll (and other server tools)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by luigiofthebakery, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Plugin category: Server Tools

Suggested name: MailClearAll

What I want:
    I have recently been searching for a plugin that would be able to clear all the mail currently in the inboxes of players on my server. This plugin would be able to integrate into the Essentials mail system, and similarly to the /mail sendall command it would be able to clear all mail instead of send.
    The essentials playerfile database is a series of files located in the folder /plugins/Essentials/userdata, and the way it saves all essentials data for players is by having a single file for each player. So if someone could even point me to a tool that would allow the find & replace of phrases in multiple files (instead of me having to go through the 6,000 userdata files one at a time), that would be great.

Also, I have been interested in finding out where the majority of my playerbase is geographically located, and a similar tool that would allow me to extract all the ip adresses from the essentials userfiles and either write them to a text file or possible geolocate them then list the countries with the number ip's geolocating to them in descending order. (I would then be able to use this data to formulate into graphs, etc. for further analysis)

All the following ideas mentioned above would use the same principle of searching/modifying all the essentials playerfiles at once.

Ideas for commands: /mail clearall* (this depends on what the developer would like, I don't really mind):)

Ideas for permissions: mailclearall.use

When I'd like it by: A week or so, as soon as possible really...