Inactive [MECH/FUN/ADMIN] RocketBoots v0.3.6 - Rocket boots for flying around on your server - flight [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DisabledHamster, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

DisabledHamster

RocketBoots - Fly around on your server with various rocket boots, fling other players into the air and more
    Version: 0.3.6
    CraftBukkit Build Tested: [766, 798, 803, 815, 818, 953, 1060]

RocketBoots super-charges your armor boots and gives them different rocket abilities, like flying, hovering, launching players/animals into the air and more.

In Action (thanks to Gabriel Moon & friend):

Types of RocketBoot:

Flight:
    • Gold boots. Flight boots. These allow you to fly long distances quickly while still having a lot of control over the flight. These are my personal favourite :)
    • Diamond boots. Hover boots. These let you hover in the air by tapping SHIFT (sneak) repeatedly. These rocket boots are the easiest to control, and still let you fly around at a reasonable speed.
    Launching:
    • Leather boots. Animal boots. With these on, right click a player / animal / mob to send them flying into the air, just enough so they'll probably die when they come back to earth. [Note: You can stop players being affected by these boots using Permissions]
    • Iron boots. GTFO boots. With these boots on, tap SHIFT (sneak) to make all players / animals / mobs go flying away from you at speed. [Note: You can stop players being affected by these boots using Permissions]
    Fun:
    • Chainmail boots. God boots. These boots aren't really practical - just a lot of fun. Fly with these like gold boots. They're extremely fast (almost uncontrollably fast), and when you come crashing back down to earth there'll be a huge lightning strike where you land. Fun to bomb back down to earth at other players ;)
    Misc:
    • Feather. While flying with gold, diamond or chainmail boots, right click with a feather in your hand to come to an instant stop upon a glass block in mid-air. This is handy if you want to use the boots for, eg, building, or just staying still to observe the view from the sky.
      • Note: This block isn't really there - it's a trick, and only your client shows it. As such, RocketBoots won't remove this block when you walk off it. Mine it away yourself, or reconnect, and all these blocks will be gone ;)
    How to use:

For the gold boots, just put them on, hold shift, point up a bit and walk forward. You'll get the hang of it ;)
    For the diamond boots, repeatedly tap the SHIFT key (sneak) to hover in the air, go for a walk in the sky, scale walls / mountains, etc.

With the leather boots, right click an animal / mob / player and they'll go flying up into the air, and probably die from the impact when they come down again
    Tap SHIFT (sneak) with the iron boots on to make all nearby animals / mobs / players go flying away from you.

Chainmail boots operate like gold boots

Commands:

None. Just put on the boots and have fun / build stuff / fly!

(OK, there's one. But it's simple - Use /rocketboots on|off to enable or disable your own RocketBoots, as requested by a lot of users)

Permissions:

If you're not using the Permissions plugin, RocketBoots will use the built-in op/non-op system for permissions. Only ops will be able to use any of the boots - they'll just be regular boots for everyone else.

Otherwise, the Permissions nodes are as follows:
    • rocketboots
      • rocketboots.boots
        • rocketboots.boots.gold - Can use gold boots
        • rocketboots.boots.diamond - Can use diamond boots
        • rocketboots.boots.leather - Can use leather boots
        • rocketboots.boots.iron - Can use iron boots
        • rocketboots.boots.chainmail - Can use chainmail boots
      • rocketboots.launchPlayers - Can launch players when using iron / leather boots (without this, only animals / mobs will be launched)
      • rocketboots.feather - Can use the feather to stop in mid-air while flying
    Configuration file:

RocketBoots just one configuration file that will be created for you the first time you run the plugin (or when the file doesn't exist). This contains a lot of comments that'll explain all of the available options for you, but here's a run-down:

• playersCanDisable => set whether players can disable RocketBoots for themselves (/rocketboots on|off)
    • preventFlightKick => disabled by default. Set this to 'true' and RocketBoots will stop the server from kicking you for flying when "allow-flight" is false in server.properties. This will make the flight boots lag slightly if flying is disabled on the server, hence it being disabled by default.
    • boots => various options for setting, eg, the speed of some boots, and other options. Look in the config file for details.
    Download / Install:

Download RocketBoots.jar
    (Source on Github)

Put RocketBoots.jar in your server's plugin directory, then restart or reload the server. Add the Permissions nodes if you use Permissions, then put on some boots! (Try the gold ones first :))

Changelog:

Version 0.3.5 / 0.3.6
    • Added feather feature - right click with a feather while flying and you'll come to an instant stop upon a glass block
    • Added config options for diamond boots
    Version 0.3
    • Added new config file. You can now configure things like launch speed, whether the chainmail boots use real lightning or not, etc. I'll add more stuff to this config file as it's developed
    • Added /rocketboots [on|off] command for toggling whether RocketBoots is enabled/disabled for you. Useful if you wear boots for things other than just RocketBoots.
    • Added hack to prevent the server kicking you for flying if flying is disabled in server.properties. This is disabled by default (see above)
    Version 0.2.5
    • Improved iron boots calculation
    • Fixed bug in iron boots where dropped items would fly away, too
    Version 0.2.3
    • Gold boots permission fix (bug still let you fly, very slowly, when you didn't have permission - fixed)
    • Reduced number of lightning strikes when you hit the ground with chainmail boots, to reduce the huge noise
    • Slightly increased the reach of the iron boots
    Version 0.2.2
    • Initial release

2. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

YAY! first post! and an EPICLY amazing plugin, this is just what i've been looking for!:cool:

3. Offline

eRko16

Man can u make that i can fly with feather in hand. Please no boots.

4. Offline

DisabledHamster

Sorry, but that goes against the purpose / idea of this plugin. It's RocketBoots, not RocketFeathers ;P

There are different boots with different rocket features, there's only one feather. Rocket boots are more fun :D

olimoli123 likes this.
  5. Offline

PatrickFreed

Can you upload a video?

6. Offline

IAmCoder

Great plugin, Good job again on another plugin that i will use in my server, It's great fun to test and use and i like it, Should become popular seeing as people will like these kind of fun things! good job!

7. Offline

Muckles

Why is no1 making a plugin witch allows you to hover in the air all the time. I realy want such a plugin because it would help me alot when i am building.

oh and eRko16 the plugin that you mean is FlyRidgeFly

8. Offline

codename_B

XD I love this plugin - especially since my destructive influence was to blame for the mega-awesomeness of the chainmail boots.

9. Offline

eRko16

So please make RocketFeather :D

10. Offline

DisabledHamster

11. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

Awesome Plugin! Though I have noticed that it occasionally interferes with SimpleGodMode. Not too big of a deal, but a minor annoyance nonetheless.

12. Offline

DisabledHamster

'Always' hovering, staying in the same place mid-air, etc isn't possible as the client always applies gravity.

Though... holding shift down would be possible. To be honest though, I like tapping to control the diamond boots... more control that way, I think.

Why would holding shift down over tapping it be better for the diamond boots? I like how it's like flapping your wings or something - tap it and you get a little boost up, opposed to just rocketting up, less controllably (IMO)

13. Offline

CDJ445544

Holy shit... how did you think of this????? What you need most is a tut vid.

AMAZING!!!!! Thnx!

14. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

Default Windows keyboard shortcut for Sticky keys is tapping the shift key five times in a row, rapidly. Its easy to disable, but not everyone is going to know how to disable it.

15. Offline

DisabledHamster

Yeah, that's the only problem :(

The shift key is the only key I can really use. Also, holding in shift for > 8 seconds Filter Keys, so same problem...

16. Offline

Gabriel Moon

DisabledHamster likes this.
  17. Offline

DisabledHamster

Hah! Awesome! Thanks :D

Stuck it in the OP, thanks guys - nice video, glad you all like the plugin :D

18. Offline

Gabriel Moon

Cheers Bro!

19. Offline

Delois

Do you need to have flying enabled for this to work on your server?

20. Offline

MeinerHosen

@eRko16 read this, if you haven't.

Muckles, this might be what you're looking for and it still works on 766. Magic carpet

AND to hamster, i'm guessing this gets people kicked if the server disallows flying?

21. Offline

ekeup

i don't think the permission checking is working correctly.
    seems to give everyone access, not just ops

22. Offline

Ratchet

feature request: cooldown times configurable for using the certain functions!

23. Offline

FunTox

Amasing

24. Offline

xsolar66

this:

25. Offline

Bronski

Wow so very neat. I'm wondering if you are making the lightning boots extra loud or if it's multiple lightning strikes making it so loud (did I mention IT'S LOUD?). If there's maybe a way to tone that down (config setting prz?), it might be more usable hehe.

26. Offline

Hello83

I've gotten bored of my old plugins but this is just what I needed :D No more slow travel and I get the strike LIGHTNING (Lightning+[pig]=[zombie][pig]Man)

27. Offline

DisabledHamster

@Delois / @MeinerHosen: Yes, this requires allow-flight=true in your server config file. No way around that, I'm afraid, as the server detects whether you've stayed in the air for a long time, which is what this plugin does.
    I could maybe detect the kick itself (with the exact kick message 'Flying is not permitted on this server' or something), then stop the kick from happening... but that's a bit messy. Would that be something you want?

@ekeup: Aaah, you're right. My fault - the gold boots still let you fly without permission, albeit much slower. I'll fix that now (how'd I overlook that?!)

@Bronski: That's part of why the chainmail boots are so crazy :p
    There are instantly 10 lightning strikes when you land, but I'll change that down to 5 so it's a little less noisey.

I'll also make the iron boots reach a little further ;)

Update soon.

Updated - now at version 0.2.3, implementing all the changes from the last post :)

Tested as working on #803 ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  28. Offline

xsolar66

excellent. this is heaps of fun :)

29. Offline

_fak

hey mine doesnt seem to work im an op and ive reloaded the plugins etc but nothing seems to happen still

30. Offline

DisabledHamster

If you're using Permissions, have you remembered to give yourself rocketboots.* permission?

Otherwise, make sure you're wearing the boots, not just holding them. Press 'i' to go into your inventory, then drag gold boots onto your feet (bottom box at the top left). Your avatar should now be shown wearing gold boots. Exit your inventory (Esc), then hold shift, walk forward and point up slightly - you should take off