Minecraft Bukkit Server not working!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Tobydo, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tobydo

I am running a minecraft server for me and a small group of friends. I'm using minecraft_server.exe to run the server right now and everything works fine. We've been wanting to put plugins in the server for a while and finally decided to make a bukkit server so we could. I went to the bukkit website and followed all the instructions, and used the most recent .jar file. Once all the setup was done I started up the bukkit server and connected as "localhost" like I usually do on the normal server and it worked just fine. The problem occurred when my friends tried connecting. They tried connecting using my external ip just like on our first server but this time it wouldn't work and I can only connect if I use either my local ip or type in "localhost".

TL;DR I used to run a minecraft_server.exe server that worked just fine.Then made a bukkit server for plugins but my friends can't connect using external IP. I'm using the default port 25565 for both the bukkit and minecraft_server.exe servers. But only the minecraft_server.exe works. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

PLEASE HELP!

2. Offline

AgentKid

Huh, that is odd. I can't think of a reason that you'd have that problem is the vanilla server is working fine. Try opening command prompt, then processes tab, then find and kill all of the java processes. Then try to start the bukkit server. Also, please post the command/.bat that you use to start your server.

3. Offline

Iaconic

your not the only one i have the same issue it ran until i updated into the 600's after that port forwarding etc i redid and it wont allow us to connect however the server launches....
    ive seen no responses to help but ill be sure to post here if i come across one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.