Minecraft server connection error

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by tvboy2008i, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tvboy2008i

Ok, so i wanted to set up a bukkit seerver for me and my pals. I had a vanilla server, but its time for an upgrade... I port forwarded, allowed java through my firewall, ect. When i finally set up the server, everything went perfect! I tried to test if it worked, but no luck on my PC, it said i couldnt reach the server because it timed out. i tried port checker and everything! some of them said my port was open and some said it wasnt. i restarted my pc and i got my moms laptop to test it, still no luck.

this is my properties file info:
    Code:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Thu Mar 08 14:09:22 PST 2012
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=world
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=192.168.137.1
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    online-mode=false
    pvp=true
    difficulty=2
    gamemode=0
    max-players=20
    spawn-monsters=true
    generate-structures=true
    view-distance=10
    motd=

PLEASE HELP ME!

2. Offline

TheCuddler

Remove the Server IP from your config. Make it blank and try it again.

3. Offline

tvboy2008i

NOPE! didnt work... =(

4. Offline

TheCuddler

Did you stop your server completely, change the server.properties value, and then start it again?

5. Offline

tvboy2008i

yes

6. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

7. Offline

tvboy2008i

It said "Success: I can see your service on 96.247.70.25 on port (25565)
    Your ISP is not blocking port 25565!" BUT! people still cant connect =(

Code:
    Failed to connect
    connect:connection refused
    :(:(:(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  8. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

That only really shows when the server is not online, or something it seriously wrong.

Can you double check your IP(If you want) http://www.whatismyip.com/
    And can you find any errors at all in the log (Ex people unable to join)?
    Also, have you portforwarded both UDP and TCP?

LATE ADD: Do you have any plugins installed?
    Again: Sorry, thinking of things along the way, What is your code to start the server?

9. Offline

tvboy2008i

I portforwarded both UDP and TCP. I do have like 8 plugins installed, and my code for the RUN.bat file is:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    PAUSE
    Oh, and i have a Windows xp professional 32 bit with intel core 2 duo. I dont know if that helps or not...

How do i make my server online?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

I am stumpped as to why people can't join :S

And what do you mean by make it online sorry? So only people with paid accounts can play?
    If so, change;

Code:
    online-mode=false

to
    Code:
    online-mode=true

11. Offline

tvboy2008i

You said: "That only really shows when the server is not online, or something it seriously wrong." what do YOU mean by server is not online

12. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

By that sorry, it normally shows when someone is able to connect to the server via the open ports eg, but is then refused access by the server because it is not running.

13. Offline

tvboy2008i

Any other suggestions?

When i try to connect, the logs don't say anything about the players loosing connection or cannot joining!

14. Offline

jacob4507

Same problem D:

15. Offline

tvboy2008i

Never mind! I found out why! I had the wrong ip address!

16. Offline

break2471

Hi i have a similar problem...but that site says Conection timed out...btw i did have the server running when this happened i have confirmed that my ip is 75.110.80.190 i am curious to if i should re-port forward or not, the only problem is that when i type in my default gateway into the adress bar it says "internet explorer can not display webpage"
    What to do?!?

17. Offline

Ryanyoo17

my server is like this too but i could not fix it

try typing localhost

18. Offline

skiper77

PLEASE HELP, i have had a succesful craftbukkit server before on the same settings everything, i didnt have premium before. recently i bought minecraft and went to start up my server and i couldnt connect to it. it said cant reach server, (i use hamachi) i have fallowed tons of tutorial setups just in case but i have everything correct. i tried the localhost connection via direct connect. it worked the first time but then it just stoped. so just to sum it up after i bought minecraft my server stopped working. o and also i forgot to mention, i did make new ones to see if my old one was corrupted and nothing. i really want to play with my friends. please help

additional info: i play on windows 7 32 bit java

i forgot to mention that i removed the ip from the server properties and i can join via direct connect with localhost but if i put an ip it doesnt let me, please help.

19. Offline

RZeroX

We don't allow support for cracked server buy the game
    its worth it.

20. Offline

skiper77

i stated that i bought the game. i had it cracked before. sorry for any miss understanding. please help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.