Pve and Pvp gear

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Jocke155, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Offline

Jocke155

Plugin category: RPG/FUN

Suggested name: PvePvpGear

What I want:
    A plugin that makes "PvE" gear useless against players, when i add the string "[PvE]" on the lore of the item.

Same thing for "PvP" this gear is useless against monsters, but works agains players when the string ""[PvP]" is in the lore.

For example, you got a really good Gear (armor) against a boss on the server, and you don't want that gear to be used in PvP. Then you add the lore "[PvE]" anywhere as a lore on the item, and it doesn't do anything if the player hits you. NOTE: it will hurt the player, but the armor will not work at all

Same thing if you got a PvP gear (armor) and you don't want the player to use this gear against Monsters/bosses you add "[PvP]" to the lore, and the gear is useless against.

The same way for swords.

So this is the main functions that i want:

*This plugin works with leather, iron, gold, diamond armor pieces.
    *This plugin works with all swords.
    *The swords should not hurt players if the setting is Pve, and the sword should not hurt monsters if the setting is PvP
    *Armor should not work if you get hit by the opposite setting.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin, you just add the lore and it does its thing.
    OR a command for adding the lore + the setting on armor or the sword!
    /pvep add [pve/pvp] - so when i hold a sword in my hand and type /pvep add pve the sword only works on monsters but not players.

Ideas for permissions: pvppvegear.use - The plugin only works for people that have this permission

When I'd like it by: Very soon! :)

Other:
    There might be more advanced plugins like this out there, but this is the basics that i really need.

2. Offline

Jocke155

3. how would you get the sword with the lore?

4. Offline

Jocke155

Many item plugins can add lore on a item. And the plugin Lores can add a lore direcly to an item. (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/lores/)

The only thing i want is that the plugin reads if the item has a lore "[PvP]" or "[PvE]" and then disables for example a "[PvE]" sword to be used agains a player, and only used on mobs for example.

5. Offline

MnMaxon

Jocke155
    I can make this for you. I'm going to make a command that will allow me to set the lore to PvP or Pve for testing purposes. Do you want me to allow everyone or ops to use it, or do you want me to take the command out when I'm done testing?
    EDIT: Also, are you using any plugins that affect PvP or PvE? For example, a plugin that enables people to level up and hit harder, or it creates bosses that do more damage? These might cause problems with the plugin.

6. Offline

Jocke155

No i don't have such plugins!

You can make a permission for the command and leave it there if you want :)

Edit: I use the boss-plugin called http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mythicmobs/
    that allows the boss to hit harder..

But the mob/boss should just ignore the armor if it is Pvp :)

7. Offline

MnMaxon

If you want the plugin, it's here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88lb3ifq6m2wfr4/PlayerVersusGear 1.0.jar
    I'm not completely sure if mythicmobs completely works with it, I haven't put it through extrensive testing with mythicmobs, but from what I've seen, it works.

8. Offline

Jocke155

Thank you so much :) upload it on bukkit dev if you want :) So everyone can use it
    It would also be nice if it works with bows, axes :) But i only need for swords and the armor xD

Edit: I can try to upload it on Dev :)

9. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Jocke155 Don't upload something that isn't yours

10. Offline

MnMaxon

Jocke155
    This should work axes and bows, but I forgot to test bows.

11. Offline

Jocke155

timtower I wouldn't upload like it was mine... :confused: But it was atleast an idea of mine.
    I just wanted it up on bukkit dev, doesn't matter who...

12. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Jocke155 Best to let the dev do that for updates etc