Recommended Plugins

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Helmi74, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Helmi74

Hi,

i'm rather new to everything (well except servers, that's my job :)) so i wonder if there's a list of most used or highly recommended plugins? Just playin' around with some friends using the new and great DEV version of bukkit 1.4.2 and trying some plugins but it's way hard to find some good ones using the listing at dev.bukkit.org.

Is there anything like most downloaded or something? We're primarly interested in adding functionality not so much cheating existing stuff.

Thanks for helping and thanks for all your great work, developers.

2. Offline

DarthSalamon

I suggest trying "Essentials", it's a great plugin that offers the basic commands (/msg, /warp, /tp, /home) and a whole lot more.
    "GroupManager" (part of Essentials), allows for ranks (such as "admin"), and have certain prefixes, colors and the good stuff.
    Also "DynamicBan" is a good plugin for managing (Ip/temp)-bans, mutes, ect.
    "WorldEdit" allows you to easily change terrain, quickly make walls, floors, copying and pasting, rotating, saving, and-so-forth.
    Optional to Worldedit is "WorldGuard", which allows for protection against fires, explosions, players griefing (using regions) to name a few.
    "MCmmo" is a very nice RPG-like system that allows you to rank up in abilities (eg: double drops), whilst mining, fishing, agility, and much more (really recommend this one)
    Finally "My worlds" is a small (but useful) plugin for managing multiple worlds.

3. Offline

Jacksta21

Hmm Instead of essentials I would get Admincmd, it's less resource heavy and does basically the same thing, I would also not use groupmanager as I've has some bad times with it, use PermissionsBukkit or PermissionsEx to handle permissions. The rest of the plugin you mentioned are awesome.

4. Offline

DarthSalamon

PermissionsBukkit indeed is a good plugin, I've used it before with no troubles, I just use groupmanager because it's more lightweight. I wouldn't recommend Pex through, it is a self-injecting plugin which usually silently breaks alot of things (including other plugins), also since it injects itself into Bukkit, it needs to be updated for every major CraftBukkit Update update, definitely not what I recommend.

5. Offline

MegaNarwhal

I prefer Multiverse to MyWorlds personally, but definitely go with Essentials. I have tried jCommands, AdminCMD, and CommandBook, and Essentials is by far the most customizable and feature-packed general plugin out there. You may also want to look into getting NoCheatPlus if you plan on making this server public, as you'd be surprised how many people use hacked clients on Minecraft. Also, if you want to do some searching for plugins on your own, I would recommend using the Curse plugin listings, as they're nicely organized by rating and category. Good luck!

6. Offline

Jacksta21

It's not yet updated for 1.4 and I'm using the dev build of bukkit with pex, works fine, no visible errors or plugins breaks...Yet...^.^

7. Offline

MyPictures

There are some DevBuilds of NC+ that work pretty good for 1.4.2:
    http://nocheatplus.org:8080/job/NoCheatPlus/

At the moment we just have problems with jump high modifiers (potions, ...)

8. Offline

Necrodoom

according to profiling, admincmd doesnt seem to use less resources than essentials (and also admincmd does MUCH less than essentials)
    also what "bad times" with GroupManager? explain.

9. Offline

sniperman210

so.. best and recommended plugins for bukkit 1.6.2 are:-
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    Essentials
    PermissionEX
    DynamicBan
    MCmmo

or what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.