Recommended Plugins

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LongTooth10, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LongTooth10

I have recently started a Minecraft Bukkit server.
    However, it is a bit of a mess because of greifing and chest stealing..
    I want to install a few plugins, so I will have a simple but friendly server.
    I only want:
    - a ranking system (is Permissions good?)
    - basic commands (/msg, /tp, /home, /spawn...)
    - chest protection (I think LWC is good, but I'm not sure)
    - block protection
    - cuboid commands
    - prevent blocks (fire, lava...)
    - a whitelist (I think with Permissions, you can have a default banned class, but I'm not sure)
    What is the simplest way to achieve the above?
    So could you please tell me what plugins are good for that and what they are called...
    And also, feel free to recommend other useful plugins...
    Any pointers appreciated,
    LongTooth10

2. Offline

nakashimakun

Hello,

Permissions is a group plugin.
    Default commands would be the essentials plugin.
    Whitelist would be the whitelist plugin.
    lwc for chest protection and for block protection theres world edit, world guard, bigbrother. many plugins for it.
    prevent fire and stuff that'd be world guard,.

Erm I think these are the default must plugins on any minecraft/bukkit server.

Brian.

3. Offline

LongTooth10

Thanks for your help!
    Those were the plugins I had in mind, but I was not sure, so what you wrote clarified it,
    LongTooth10

4. Offline

nakashimakun

No worries glad I could help.

if you need help setting them up im a pro with them after setting them up for customers I could always help you.

Brian.

5. Offline

LongTooth10

Hi,
    I'm hosting a server on XenonServers.
    I've just re-loaded a new world, and successfully added Whitelist.
    I now need to add Permissions
    Last time I tried, the Permissions config.yml file was blank (empty)... so I couldn't go any further...

Any ideas why?

6. Offline

nakashimakun

Hmm not sure why the file would of been empty just delete that file and let it generate a new one.

Brian.

7. Offline

LongTooth10

OK thanks. will re-install to be sure.
    Also: I am now looking at the simplest, easiest way to protect blocks. Worldguard seems good, but it seems i need World Edit for it to run.
    What would you recommend as the simplest (most stable) plugin for protection?

I really appreciate your feedback!

8. Offline

walton88

Get world edit and run it alongside world guard, they're both invaluable tools.

9. Offline

MasterFSK

I am setting up my own server, and since I saw you guys talking about the subject I was after, I'll dump my question here.

My intended plugins for my server is currently:
    • bPermissions
    • Essentials & Essentials Spawn
    • GriefPrevention
    • Lift
    • ScubaKit
    • Vault
    I was thinking og using bPermissions for obvious reasons; permissions. Think Essentials is quite obvious also?
    As for protecting against griefs, GriefPrevention looked like a new decent mod. Lift and ScubaKit are there just for simplyfing/making life easier. Vault was required by GriefPrevention for economy handeling, as GriefPrevention let's you "buy area" to build.
    Now on to the question; Is there any of these I should change? Why? Why not?
    Do you have other suggestions that can make life simpler for people?
    For teleporting I was thinking of using Essentials signs, but I'd love something that looks a bit more.... elegant.
    Another one that poped into my head... How can I prevent "Guests" from destroying/placing blocks.
    Now, this was maybe a bit much, but I want some info =P Also, if you know of mods that's EASY to set up, I'd love you, since I am n00b LvL 99 at these things.
    MasterFSK signing out,
    for now.

10. Offline

hotshot13578

GroupManager - use to maintain groups.
    Lockette - Chest and door protection.
    Essentials - It is used to make spawn, warp etc and many more.
    WorldGuard /WorldEdit - To protect the world by griefing and lava, fireballs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.