Sign Color Fading

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Mrchasez, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mrchasez

Some of our signs that have color, randomly fade so they are immensely hard to read.
    A dark red becomes a super faint pink that is unreadable and every color becomes unreadable.

Not all signs do this, just random ones and it stays like that. Even if you delete the sign and remake it.
    I have no idea why, this started a few updates ago (a while back) but have never posted about it.
    The sign color is from Essentials i am sure, and i have heard of other servers having the same issue.

Here are two pictures. These signs are less then four feet from each other.
    The top signs use the exact same color, both are lighted the same and everything is the same
    except the color faded on one.

Here is a Normal sign. You will see easily readable Yellow on the top, and easily readable white on the bottom.
    2013-01-29_07.39.45.png

Now this picture. Using the exact same colors as the first one just its all faded.
    You can't even read it from two feet away. Notice the signs below it. To the very right there is a sign and the top half text looks gray. That text is the exact same WHITE color as the sign next to it. Just gets faded for some reason. Random signs, random places, no idea why. This is a big issue though, as it makes signs that should be easier to read, more difficult too.
    2013-01-29_07.39.52.png

Using Bukkit 1.4.7-R0.2
    Essentials DEV2.10.9

2. Offline

Necrodoom

seems to be entirely a client issue, as the color code is still the same, while the rendering is different.
    maybe the light level effects it now? i see a difference in light level between the good sign and the unreadable one.

3. Offline

aaomidi

It is because you are not using the default client, try using the default client.

4. Offline

Mrchasez

I know its a client issue. However most clients have the issue, and or see it on different signs.

No thats not it at all. I am using the default client, just with a fly mod. Confirmed to appear on plain default jars aswell.

5. Offline

Necrodoom

did you see my note about light level?

6. Offline

Mrchasez

Everything is more then well light.

7. Offline

Necrodoom

il try to look though mojang bug tickets and see if i can find anything about sign being incorrectly colored.

8. Offline

mrchargerlover

I read some of the comments & if you set your "Smooth Lighting" To Maximum, the colour will return. Try it

9. Offline

Bobcat00

I think this is a Minecraft lighting glitch.

10. Offline

mrchargerlover

Found anyting? After I set my "Smooth Lighting" To maximum it fixed for a while, now its faded. Let me know when or if you found anything.

11. Offline

fredghostkyle1

this is client side. also you the real frigin client if you want to get client help -_-

12. Offline

Necrodoom

didnt find anything interesting, sorry.

13. Offline

brewerbjb

Like the one guy said, change smooth lighting to maximum.

14. Offline

To175

Same problem help please :(

15. Offline

MaZzZzZzZz

Alright, well as it seems, this forum hasn't been replied to in quite a few months, but for those who happened to have the same issue and you just found this thread and scrolled all the way down to find a solution, here is what I have come to find about the issue that may be of use to you:
    • Firstly, as it has been stated above, adjusting your smooth lighting could help- temporarily at least.​
    • Next, I found that this appears to be a directional client problem. What I mean by this, is that it looks like this sign thing only happens when the sign is placed in a particular direction. Look at the two pictures below:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So based off of the two images that I took on my own server, it is clear that signs that face east show their colors correctly. Signs that faced south displayed darker color text. So after I found this break-through information, I spent about a minute and a half more being a detective, and came to the following conclusion: this is a client-side issue. Signs that are placed NORTH or SOUTH will display darker, more faded-color text when using the Essentials sign colors, or any other sign-coloring plugin. Signs that are placed EAST or WEST display the normal, expected color attributes for sign text. Changing your client profile or adjusting your lighting settings may help. Changing your resource pack may help.

I hope that helped :)
    Mazzen

Shortninja66, xtechgamer735 and To175 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.