To know if an item comes legitly or from creative

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pointfit, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Offline

pointfit

Plugin category: Not sure

Suggested name: BlockSource

What I want: I want a plugin that with a command, you can get a tool. And with this tool, if you right click a block, it will tell you the source of it. Like if it was originated legitly or if it comes from creative.

Ideas for commands: /bs tool

Ideas for permissions: blocksource.tool

When I'd like it by: Anytime a person wants to make it for me.

Thanks for reading.

2. This is a very complicated plugin to create.
    You would have to track every block in game and who placed it. When a block is placed the game mode of the person placing it would need to be logged so that when you come along to check it, the block could tell you who placed it and what game mode they were in. This does not mean that you can tell if the original material was gathered or not, only the game mode.

It's not a pretty plugin to make and would need a very good database backbone behind it. Any block placed by another plugin such as world edit would either not have a logged entry or the plugin would have to hook into world edit to detect the block placement and assign the value "World edited by {player}"

3. Offline

pointfit

That's some pretty good reasoning. But actually I wouldn't mind if the plugin just told you if the person placed the item in creative. Thanks for your help.

4. Offline

blablubbabc

5. Offline

pointfit

6. Offline

MrlolDestructo

Umm, MySQL? LogBlock does the exact same thing, and it even logs the player and the time too. However, I don't think this plugin would be very useful...

7. Offline

mastermustard

for one logblock doesnt track gamemode. secondly it could have a lot of use if implemented to a block logging plugin

8. Offline

MrlolDestructo

Jeez, trying to argue now? Ik, I said Logblock was a lot like it, not exactly like it. As for the use, I mean I don't think it's worth creating a MySQL account for. Lol

9. Offline

nhadobas

Who creates a MySQL account...?