TV plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nathanv1, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Nathanv1

I have a request for a plugin where you can put a "camera" linked to a redstone circuit which leads to a "TV". I am requesting this because I would like to put one at my door so I can see who it is that is coming and I can then push the button if I want them in my house/fortress really.

Also, if you dont want to create one for me, then can you please direct me to the API or something for reference so I can develop them.

Thank you,
    Nathanv1

2. Offline

Unset

If you want a 'tv'-block, with a screen in it, this requires a client mod
    It's easier that you, as owner, press a button, and then you will go in "camera mode" and will be moved to the door. People can't see you, but you can see them. Ofc you can't place blocks etc. Also you will get a pumpkin on your head to let you that you are in camera mode. After you are done watching, you left-click and will be moved back to your original location
    But I think the last thing isn't what you requested...

3. Offline

MrChick

Easiest thing would be a sign that is "linked" to your doorbell and it would display the name of the user who rang the bell.

So if I'd come to visit you and hit the door bell button the sign would read something like "MrChick is here"

4. Offline

Mukrakiish

That, MrChick is a really cool concept!

5. Offline

Unset

Yes MrChick's "fingerprint" idea is the best. When you create a button on block A, on the other side of block A you put a sign with:
    [SetFinger]
    MyCastle
    In your house you make
    [ReadFinger]
    MyCastle
    <UserLastClicked>
    So when Mario pushes the button, the variable "MyCastle" will be "Mario"
    And on the in-house sign this appears:
    [ReadFinger]
    MyCastle
    Mario
    Would this be a possible solution?

6. Offline

Nathanv1

Ok, I can agree with that. I think that would work for what it is I am doing. Also, I am a Java programmer and would love to create plugins but is there an API or something you know of for reference of classes I can import or do I have to do it all?