Weaker Obsidian

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by solidsnake916, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

solidsnake916

I admin on Faction server, and Obsidian is impossible to blow up via TNT or creepers, i feel its the cheapest thing, when you can easily massproduce obsidian, and cower inside.

So My request would be what the title says: Weaker Obsidian
    I have thought of only 2 ideas for what would work for me. Any others ideas or suggestions from anyone please post.

I would like the plugin to not completely NERF Obsidian, but make it so TNT Cannons work on it.

Idea 1:
    Possible Idea, probably not possible...would be Damage Tracking, set the damage to break obsidian from explosions to like 500 not 6000. and when tnt hits it, it records the damage, so another shot, can be fired, and it adds the damage from last time to it. and continue firing until it hits 500 damage.

Idea 2:
    Simplified Idea, make explosions blow up Obsidian like any other block. Not fun, and makes obsidian really nerfed.

Thanks for Reading, i look forward to the advancement in this.

2. Offline

Mafidog

Umm, you know, obsidian is used really often for home defense against griefers, and enabling it' s destruction with TNT is really a pain in the back.
    Reducing sturdyness against tnt also reduces Obsidian' s breaking time, making obsidian nerf.
    So, you should prefer to stay and mine it all, rather than making it weaker to TNT.

3. Offline

solidsnake916

you do realize, this is a War Type Server, and the fact that if someone wants to make it, they can, if someone wants to use the finished product they can, the fact remains is i can see only a few servers using this if its finished. Obsidian is OP, theres no way in. If its on protected land, you can mine it. Thus TNT Cannons would be good to destroy it, or walking creepers up to it. If i wanted to mine the stuff id use a Obsidian breaker plugin, that makes it like 2 seconds.