2 plug in ideas, Please help

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ChancEmerica, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Offline

ChancEmerica

Basic description: 2 plug in's, lockpick: pick locks in claimed faction land Disabling enchant: well just disable the enchanting....
    Full description: I need 2 plug in's the first one is lockpick spoiler below and the second is disable enchantments spoiler also below.
    Permission node: lockpick.use and enchant.disable potion.disable
    When I want this: I would like it as fast as possible...
    Lockpick
    Show Spoiler
    what I want for this plug in is pretty simple. I just want something that can pick a lock in claimed faction land, what I want "picked" are doors and chests but you can edit it in the config.yml to let me change what they can pick. I also want the item being used to be editable in the config.yml but if you don't want to I want the item to be an iron ingot. I need this to be group manager friendly as I want this to be a donator class.

Disable enchantments and potions
    Show Spoiler
    this one is simple, I just want enchantments and potions disabled

Thanks

2. Offline

Omnitv

3. Offline

ChancEmerica

Why exactly did you link me this?

4. Offline

IcyRelic

So a coder like me can understand what you want coded

5. Offline

Omnitv

format your thread.
    Show Spoiler

An example post
    Below is an example post. Feel free to copy and paste to use as a start to yours!

Plugin category: EXAMPLE

Suggested name: ExamplePlugin

What I want: I'd like to see perhaps properly formatted posts, or at least an attempt beyond the average all caps scrawl that has come to dominate this forum. What people need to learn is that it's much easier to read a nicely formatted post, even if it's a bit longer than it needs to be, you can easily identify key points via proper formatting.
    Also, skim-reading is much easier with paragraphs!
    As an idea - people who've read this and formatted their post accordingly can put [FORMATTED] in their post title, and people will know they've taken the extra time to make their post readable and give the relevant information out.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: player.canread. Set it to false if they can't read this post.

When I'd like it by: Yesterday.

6. Offline

ChancEmerica

So what do you want to know? I can easily tell you right now

Next time I create a thread I'll keep this in mind, this is my first post, sorry...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  7. Offline

Omnitv

DONT make a duplicate thread!
    justedit this this thread.

8. Offline

ChancEmerica

I never said I was, I just said next time I make a post I will keep this in mind... I'm a noob to this forum not to all forums.

Show Spoiler
    did I do it right?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

Omnitv

?

10. Offline

ChancEmerica

just testing how to do spoilers

Is the post better now?

11. Offline

np98765

Why next time? Why can't you format this one? There's an "Edit" button. ;)

12. Offline

Omnitv

Im not sure how this is formatted np98765 .

13. Offline

ChancEmerica

So how do you want me to format this anyway? It doesn't really seem like anybody is going to make the plug in anyway...

14. Offline

Omnitv

15. Offline

ChancEmerica

Why would you like it formatted at this point? Everything is short and to the point is pretty much doesn't need to be formatted at all

thanks for the help, I now know what you mean by formatting but this post doesn't really need that much detail as it is pretty basic

Is the post better now?

16. Offline

firecopy

So you don't want this plugin?

17. Offline

Omnitv

18. Offline

ChancEmerica

NO! I really want this plug in I just feel nobody is going to do it because nobody has claimed they were going to

If you're going to make it do you think I could watch via teamviewer or via skype? I really wanna learn how to code

19. Offline

firecopy

They aren't claiming on doing it, because your 1st post still isn't formatted. Also, I am not interested in making either plugin. Sorry, D: Another thing, the best way to learn how to code is to watch 1 tutorial, then jump straight into a new project. However, go with simpler projects first when creating something from scratch.

20. Offline

ChancEmerica

It's formatted now why should it matter if my first post was. and okay thanks anyway

21. Offline

chrisman0091

After reading all the comments...JUST FREAKING FORMAT IT THE WAY IT SAYS -__-
    It makes it easier on EVERYBODY and your plugin(s) might actually get coded.

22. Offline

Nater1217

I'd make the second one if I knew what the permissions are for...
    Why do you even want a permission node, you don't need one.
    The only reason I can see for it is too allow only certain players access to it.