[CHAT] WordRank v3.0 - Add users to groups when they say a word [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by LaLa, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Offline

LaLa

[​IMG]
    Old post:

Old Post
    WordRank by LaLa
    Version 1.1.1
    Requires: Permissions 3.x
    Downloads: 1079 (updated daily)

This plugin was made for this request. With WordRank, you can create and configure special words, that if said, will place the player in the set group of that word. Multi-world compatible!

Features:
    • Create words to add people to groups when said
    • Permissions support
    Commands (open)

• /w add [word] [group] [world] - Add a word (If world left blank, will use the current one)
    • /w remove [word] - Remove a word
    • /w removeall - Remove all configured words
    • [word] - Simply type the word to 'redeem' your group

Permissions (open)

• WordRank.add - Add a word (/w add)
    • WordRank.remove - Remove a word (/w remove)
    • WordRank.remove.all - Remove all words (/w removeall)
    • WordRank.say - Allows a group to say words that gives them a group
    • WordRank.[word] - (Replace word with a configured word) Gives permission to only use said word

Download v1.1.1 | Older versions
    Source code

Changelog:
    Version 1.1.1:
    • Updated for build 1000, probably not required
    Version 1.1

• You can now specify what world the word gives the group to (argument not required-left blank it will get the world you are in when you set the word)
    • WordRank will now remove all groups before adding the new group (requested by @GmK )
    • Sorry, couldn't get the option for all worlds to work [creeper] .. I'll try again next update..
    Version 1.0

• First release

2. Offline

TheLonelyIsland

Thanks dude! Your a great guy and I really respect you in the community, you are helpful an kind.

Thanks for plugin. Will be using later after all these join/leave spammers are done!

Doesn't look like it works correctly with GroupManager :(

3. Offline

LaLa

@TheLonelyIsland
    You're welcome. Group manager is out of date and inactive, I recommend going to permissions 3.x

4. Offline

Soldier187

For what reasons can you use this plugin? I c'ant think of any (not trying to insult you or the plugin in anyway)

5. Offline

LaLa

TheLonelyIsland requested this so that after reading signs that include rules, at the end it would give the player a word. When they say this word it will give them a group/build powers. Good but limited use

6. Offline

gameswereus

Thanks so much for this plugin!

7. Offline

aPunch

This is a great plugin. For so long I had to manually promote players, now they can promote themselves. It has even caused me to update to Permissions 3.x. Good work! :D

kahlilnc likes this.
  8. Offline

Diaz9943

Will this rank you up in all of the worlds, or only the "main" one, or do you chose yourself which worlds it ranks them in? :)

9. Offline

LaLa

The world the player said the word in.
    I'll probably add a configurable world in next update

10. Offline

Diaz9943

Ah man.. If you could make it so that one word in one world, will rank up the player in all the worlds (I have 5, and its a pain to add a rank to people in all 5), I would love you incredibly much.. :)

Oh btw.. Could I PM you about another pluggin request? :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  11. Offline

GmK

@LaLa

Lovely plugin!

Only problem: It doesnt remove the person from their old group. So if someone joins as Guest, says the word, he gets added to the Player group, but in the permissions file it is like this:

Code:
        GmK:
            permissions:
            groups:
            - Player
    Which makes them remain Guest! So its not really useful :(

12. Offline

FaeDine

Seconded! I love this plugin, it gives my players the ability to 'reset' their rank on their own. Like GmK says though, I would love the option to remove their current rank as oppose to just adding this one. Many thanks, +like to you!

13. Offline

LaLa

Sounds like I've got several features to add today.

@Diaz9943
    Sure

FaeDine likes this.
  14. Offline

Diaz9943

Alrighty, I PM'd you :)

15. Offline

LaLa

1.1 is out :)
    Look at the changelog for the new features

16. Offline

GmK

Thanks for the update! Works splendid!

17. Offline

FaeDine

Works just as I hoped. Thank you very much, Sir!

18. Offline

Svenboy222

I am noob how to use

19. Offline

Diaz9943

Would it be possible to add a feature that lets people be ranked in all the worlds by saying only one word?

20. Offline

Rich Boos

FYI if either of you want your users to have the same rank in all worlds you could delete the users.yml from all the worlds but the default, then make symbolic links. I only know how to do this on Linux btw. It is a solution that uses the filesystem rather than something related to minecraft to clone the users file.

21. Offline

LaLa

@Diaz9943
    I'll try again this update, but last update I couldn't get it to work properly

22. Offline

Diaz9943

Ah, mkay, hope you can make it this time :D

23. Offline

Diaz9943

I use Linux Ubuntu, but my users has different permissions in different worlds, so cloning the files really wouldent work :p

24. Offline

Rich Boos

Same :), I only clone users.yml in three of my worlds. All four worlds have a unique groups.yml

25. Offline

Retricide

Doesn't work with PermissionsEx 1.12, though I have no other compatibility problems with it.
    Here's the error:
    Error (open)

03:29:42 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to WordRank
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.getUserObject(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/nijiko/permissions/User;
    at com.lala.wordrank.Config.removeParent(Config.java:109)
    at com.lala.wordrank.Chat.onPlayerChat(Chat.java:25)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:682)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    03:29:42 [INFO] [g] Retricide: Nation4

config.yml: (open)

config:
    congrats-msg: Congrats %player%! You are now in the group %group%
    wordlist:
    Nation1:
    group: Nation1Default
    world: world
    Nation2:
    group: Nation2Default
    Nation3:
    group: Nation3Default
    Nation4:
    group: Nation4Default

26. Offline

LaLa

Unfortunately only Permissions 3.x is supported at the moment, you'll get errors like that if you don't have it.

27. Offline

Retricide

Would it be possible to add PermissionsEx support? I really new this Plugin, but I've recently switched from permissions3x do to all of its command issues and inactivity.
    It's supposed to imitate permissions, I believe.
    I'd be willing to donate a few bucks to see this become compatible with PermissionsEx :)

28. Offline

LaLa

I will look into adding support for more permissions, in fact, I have been working on it. Won't be able to get much done for the next week or so as I am leaving in the morning for about a week.

29. Offline

Lunar Delta

I was terribly excited to use this, until I saw that it only supported Permissions 3. P3 is a horrible wreck of a plugin, so I don't think I will ever be switching to it for any reason. If this can support the older version of permissions and/or Groupmanager, I'd use it in a heartbeat.

30. Offline

Vynlar

I'm gonna fork and try and get a PEX version woring.