Siegeladders

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by HiveHD, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Offline

HiveHD

A player can craft a unique 'Siege Ladder' which uses the item ID of a ladder but has the display name 'Siege Ladder'. When a player right clicks with this item it creates a siege ladder where they are standing (7 block high floating ladder).

Used for sieges where a player would approach a wall, right click it and a 7 block high ladder would appear allowing them to ascend the wall.

MUST BE FLOATING LADDER! If the wall has an overhang (the ladder can't replace blocks, only paste in air blocks) the ladder would stop at the start of the overhang so if it could float they could paste it before the overhang allowing them to climb over the overhang!

If a player breaks the ladder, all 7 ladder blocks break too and 1 'Siege Ladder' drops!

2. I am creating it right now, dear other devs please let me finish it this time :)

3. Offline

Jatoc

Out of curiosity, why did you put a "[Simple]" tag in your plugin title? If the plugin is really as simple as you think it is, why would you request it? Just go learn elementary code and do it yourself...

This request is a more complicated than about 50% of the requests that I have seen, and there are plenty of those that are not being worked on because they take too much time. I see you got lucky and adventuretc was nice enough to pick this up, but this is by no means a simple plugin. Just follow the guidelines next time found
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/read-me-first-plugin-requests-guide.81209/
    and don't make up your own tags to try and get more attention.

Off the top of my head, your plugin would require listening to blockplace events, block break events, then some easy looping with adding y-values to the location vector to check for blocks above/below and make sure ladder can be placed... another looping function that will destroy all the ladder blocks when one is broken, more metadata (possibly unique ids per ladder depending on which part of the ladder you need to destroy in order to destroy the entire ladder), more metadata/lore stuff with the custom name, etc etc... just trying to explain why your [simple] tag was so.. bothersome.

4. The plugin is actually done, it is 211 lines long (or 188 with default formatting), I leave it up to you wether it is simple or not, imo it's intermediate for bukkit. It involves the things that you have mentioned, although the placed blocks are tracked by a Map :p

JazzaG and bennie3211 like this.
  5. dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/siegeladders/

6. Offline

HiveHD

adventuretc Thanks so much bro! Your amazing! <3

And to the other guy Jatoc , i added the tag before writing out the rest and then realised it probably wasn't that simple, but as it is impossible to edit the subject of a request i couldn't remove the tag.... Any other questions?

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

HiveHD Try thread tools, top right corner of the first post

8. Offline

HiveHD

Ahhhh, thanks -_-

Its been fixed now xD

9. Offline

FlOppy

I downloaded this plugin but disapointed was i, when i saw some error in the console plus no craft possible only command give ? Who is going to use this do you think we all cheat on Minecraft ? I play with no cheat or admin commands so i will need a craft or i'll not use this plugin.

This plugin is a good idea.

10. Offline

11. Offline

HiveHD

Does anyone know a good place to learn how to start coding plugins like this?

I know the elementary basics of importing things and creating really simple commands (that don't do much) but i haven't a single clue how i would go about integrating a unique item... I'm trying to code a crossbow with unique ammo (a special craftable bow, that fires special craftable ammo) but does anyone know of a decent tutorial on something similar to this?

12. Offline

HiveHD I suggest that you start by learning the basics of bukkit, events etc, try the ammo and crossbow when you have more knowledge

13. Offline

HiveHD

timtower I guess so, do you have any recommendations for good places to learn things like that?

14. Offline

HiveHD Just try to make simple requests that are posted on this forum, take an step up every time, try to shoot an arrow with an bone, you can change the damage etc later ;)

15. Offline

HiveHD

16. Offline

HiveHD PM me about this, there I can give you hints etc

17. Offline

HiveHD