[TP] VoxelPort v2.033 - Travel In Style and On Schedule [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Voxel Box, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Voxel Box

HawkIHeo, svict4, Mahagon and 5 others like this.
  2. Offline

Firestar

omfg its out!!!

/me downloads

ihomeiscool and thecoolwolf like this.
  3. Offline

przerwap

hehe, I'm glad you like it : )

On a side note; make sure to create a VoxelPorts folder in your root server directory or else the portals wont save :S

4. Offline

Seta

*Note: VoxelPort only moves player entities around the map, not the blocktypes inside the VoxelPort

I think nobody who starts reading thinks this will be an normal but complicated Teleport Plugin... I wanted a moving Boat :/

shmickle1 likes this.
  5. Offline

Firestar

a moving boat is not porting.....

this plugin allows for some great rping style teleporting. great for survival servers, just check out thevoxelbox.com minecraft server :)

6. Offline

NeutronRocks

Not working for me?

Put the .jar in the plugins folder. Made the folder "VoxelPorts" in the root directory.

No commands working. I need to set one up for an event on my server tonight.
    Help!

7. Offline

przerwap

Hm, seems we omitted that you need to make a admns.txt ( yes, thats the correct spelling ) in your plugins folder than simply list the names of people allowed to use the plugin's commands. One person per line.
    On the most part, at least until a proper permission system, all my plugins use this file to determine who can use them.

CAJ2 likes this.
  8. Offline

NeutronRocks

It completely isn't recognizing the plugin for some reason. Should it have a certain capitalization? I'm trying all the commands.

Edit: Ooops! I was doing ADMINS not admns
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 2:01 AM ---
    Can I force a departure time?

9. Offline

przerwap

what do you mean by force?

10. Offline

Voxel Box

I think you're asking if you can force a teleport to occur immediately. The answer is: no, you can't. If you find your departures aren't coming soon enough, best to set them to be more frequent -- voxelport is pretty minimal on a server unless people are generating tickets, so there's very little harm in scheduling a few extra departures per day. i usually set mine to 2-3 hours apart.

11. Offline

PipeHead

You use WorldEdit to get the //pos1 and //pos2 numbers, why not simply use the cubiod region directly from WorldEdit instead of the laborious task of typing the numbers in manually?

Just a thought.

12. Offline

Bigga1337

Hi,

i don't have any clues why this isn't working on my server.
    The commands and everything else is working, just the teleport itself doesnt work.
    I stay for hours on the same spot nothing happens...

13. hey, i like you mods you are the best make some more mods d:

14. Offline

Jamie

I'm having a similar issue. I set everything, It shows my ports in the VoxelPorts folder. Yet, When i stand in the area i assigned it says "You are not inside a VoxelPort."

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    -Jamie

15. Offline

Cinderous

I love this concept! Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work, not sure what I'm missing. I've created the folder inside my server director, added myself to admin and I have no problems defining a port. I defined two areas and then set their targets to each other and did "/gendisp name 0 2000" for both of them. Everything appears to work up to this part. The bit I have trouble with is actually teleporting, I type /depart and it gives me a confirmation about a ticket, only I never get a time update and I never get teleported. I've also tried /adddisp with no luck, any ideas or tips?

16. Offline

Voxel Box

cinderous~ without more information, i am unsure how to help you.

what bukkit / cb builds are you running?
    how much memory does your server have, and how hot is it running? i understand that servers' voxelport systems tend to stop teleporting once their memory runs too close to full, but continue to dispense tickets. on our server, this happens at around the 12 GB mark (on a 16 GB machine). a server restart usually gets things rolling again.

as far as updates for our plugins for newer versions of bukkit go:
    short answer: we're working on it.

long answer: we will be updating all of our plugins to future versions of bukkit. i can't say when. we evaluate our server setup thoroughly when we decide to upgrade what we're running (latest is not always greatest), and with the massive changes that have rolled out post-build 170, we are choosing to delay upgrading until we know how to develop the things we want to accomplish. the priority for us is keeping uptime high for our server's talented builders, so updating for every build of an volatile project like bukkit is not the cards: we are not paid for anything we do, our server accepts no donations, and we all have spouses, school and/or jobs to attend to.

currently we are focusing our plugin development hours toward voxelsurvival, which will allow servers to run areas of creative building and vanilla/monter/fire/tnt-friendly areas for survival play.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  17. Offline

Phanku

iConomy support?

18. Offline

Voxel Box

Probably never. Our development team has enough money worries in the real world. Worrying about fake money in Minecraft is something that comes, on our list of things to do, right after "get ass cancer". =p

19. Offline

Phanku

LoL okay.. well can't blame me for asking right?

20. Offline

Voxel Box

indeed! there may be other ways to incorporate iConomy into a server running VoxelPort -- maybe you can restrict movement with a pay-door? i don't know anything about the ways in which iconomy functions. our server focuses primarily on free-build and more vanilla survival, so we run the gamut from resource-free communism to cutthroat anarchy, but we try to keep as many things on our server as open to as many people as possible, and our plugins tend to be designed with that in mind.

21. Offline

cereal

Do you guys have a public repository for the Voxel Plugins? I'd love to help and submit patches as needed.

22. Offline

Cinderous

Well it's quite the small server, it's a linux box running Debian with 1gb. At the time of testing I was the only user on the server and I tried it after a fresh reboot. I running build 238 of craftbukkit.
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 12:19 AM ---
    Strangely enough I had the server down all day to do some work, just booted it up and it works like a charm! :) I did remove a couple of plugins, must've been either what you were suggesting due to too many plugins or a conflict of some kind. Either way, awesome!

23. Offline

blaize9

Umm i get this error on the latest verson [​IMG]

24. Offline

cereal

That is caused by the latest update to implement multiworld. There are a few small changes required to make VoxelPort to work with the latest update (granted still only using one world). Regardless, it wont take too long to update the plugin to support multiple words so be patient.

25. Offline

Voxel Box

Update coming soon, folks. The new version supports multi-world servers and a much faster method of inputting your VoxelPort zones. Exciting stuff!

Eggplant! likes this.
  26. Offline

kivan117

I have a feature request. Instead of users typing "/depart" to get a ticket, can you create an option so that users receive tickets by interacting with a block? I'd love to put a "Tickets" sign on a jukebox and have the users get a departure ticket upon hitting the jukebox. I feel this even further enhances what is possibly the best rp teleporting system so far by removing the only fourth-wall element of its use.

27. Offline

Jekotia

Would iConomy support be a feature you would be willing to implement? It would be nice to be able to charge users fare.

28. Offline

GmK

You *did* read this thread, or? Like, e.g. the posts roughly 5-6 above this?

29. Offline

przerwap

*sigh*

Why dont you have the master-of-all-super-popular-plugins Nijikokun Code it foryou? ;D
    He? he? he? You know you want to!

30. Offline

Jekotia

This is why my computer needs to block all forums at 4am >.< I'm too tired to post intelligently, and too tired to realize such D: