[FUN/MECH] VoxelMimic 1.41 - Me, too.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Voxel Box, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Voxel Box

[​IMG]

Lead Programmer & Designer: Gavjenks
    Documentation by: plusnine
    Tested compatible with: #1060
    Download: VoxelMimic v1.42
    Extended Documentation: http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelMimic
    Overview
    VoxelMimic is a plugin that adds a command for builders to quickly grab a set of matching materials on a nearby build to jump in to help with construction, or build within an existing city / area with a pre-set material theme.

[​IMG]

Installation
    Place VoxelMimic.jar in your server's plugins folder.

/mimic
    This command searches the player's nearby area for blocks and places single stacks of those materials into the player's inventory. Players can also specify smaller dimensions for their detection domes.
    • Example: "/mimic 10" will use a detection dome with a 10 block radius (instead of the default 35).
    Configuration Options

Items that will be disregarded by the /mimic command can be customized in the generated config file. By default, the ignored materials are common restricted materials like TNT and natural blocktypes like stone, gravel, dirt and grass.
    The default/maximum radius of 35 is also customizable in the plugin's config file.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tim Visser likes this.
  2. Offline

2Bucks

You guys have the best graphics in your posts

dave47561879, Tim Visser and Starrk like this.
  3. Offline

tommy99

and also the best plugins:D

4. Offline

anonymous

But will it blend?

riotherio, Kohle and Banjo_Camel like this.
  5. Offline

Unscrewed

You post that on every single plugin topic, do you have a life?

iMattxC likes this.
  6. Offline

anonymous

I've posted it on exactly 3 plugin topics, and to be fair, you have 4 less posts than me.

Also, its a legitimate question.

7. Offline

Tmidog69

I noticed there is no permissions, does that mean anyone can use the command and get infinite materials (like bedrock and obsidian)?

8. Offline

przerwap

None of the VoxelPlugins use, or will use, the makeshift Permissions plugins. As to the flipside of your question: No. The plugin will only mimic the blocks that are specified to be mimicked in the configuration file. If you read the last 3 sentences of the Post you would have known that.

9. Offline

Unscrewed

It's very sad you indicate stuff regarding the number of posts.

10. Offline

GmK

@przerwap

And once again our creative server is thankful for your fantastic plugins! Works like a charm.

11. Offline

anonymous

well, isnt that what you basically did? you say i have no life because I posted a comment a few times....

12. Offline

TTSDA

13. Offline

Unscrewed

14. Offline

Nemesis_Q

Could you add a feature allowing the user to type something like: /Mimic 40 set 0
    As 0 Indicating air and 40 indicating sphere. This would result in a huge sphere of air. :D
    Id like to have very simple sphere plugin on my server, so if you would do some adjustments would i be forever thankful! :]

15. Offline

przerwap

Wtf?

kaiser_czar, maetthew and MCbyWay like this.
  16. Offline

robinjam

I concur.

@Nemesis_Q Perhaps VoxelSniper is what you're looking for.

kaiser_czar and przerwap like this.
  17. Offline

Nemesis_Q

It is! thanks.

18. Offline

narrowtux

Great plugin :)

Can you add this refinement?
    Detect which stacks of the types you copy from the world are already in the inventory of the player.
    For example someone builds a house out of cobblestone and you already got 10 cobblestones.
    /mimic should now just give you 54 cobblestone to refill that stack.
    (or, instead of this, just do inv.getItem(cobblestonestack).itemStack.setAmount(64))
    Would that be possible? Or is it not intended?

19. Offline

Voxel Box

It's a good idea, narrowtux. You may or may have have noticed that this kind of smart-counting is already present in our plugin VoxelMore. Now that VoxelAir is finished, the focus is turning to a new plugin for a while. I would not be surprised if we add this the next time we revisit VoxelMimic.

~plusnine.

20. Offline

przerwap

Didn't Gav update Mimc to do that though? Like ... a month ago

21. Offline

Lukeroge

Would it be possible for you to add an option to the config to enable this on only one world? I run a survival/creative server using multiworld and I can not add this without giving users in my survival world access to it. I hope you can add this.

22. Offline

iMattxC

Please release VoxelGuest!!

23. Offline

blackalegator

Could you please add a multiword support? OR at least release the source code (((

24. Offline

Voxel Box

VoxelMimic updated to 1.41 today for compatibility streamlining. Happy itemspawning!

25. Offline

Gavjenks

I believe what the most current version does is simply skip anything you have in your inventory entirely, rather than filling up your current stack. But yeah, same thing basically. It no longer gives you duplicates. Also, it gives you actual door items, for example, instead of door blocks.

This is all in 1.41, which was just recently put up for public usage.

26. Offline

Voxel Box

Thanks, Gav, I appreciate the specifics. Feel free to hit the wiki documentation with a pipe if there's anything relevant I miss in your releases.

~plusnine.

27. Offline

Voxel Box

Totally 1.7 compatible. Mimic away!

28. Offline

thvortex

The www.minecraftmiddleearth.com server is running VoxelMimic with 1.7.3. On some parts of the map, when I run the /mimic command with no options or with a larger radius (like 30), then I get the following error:

Invalid mimic parameters! /mimic OR /mimic [radius]
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException: 96

29. Offline

Voxel Box

I'm unable to replicate your results. Could you give me more specifics on this (as to what "parts of the map").

30. Offline

thvortex

If you're whitelisted on their server, do /warp breestore and then do a /mimic to see the error.