Inactive [SEC/FUN/INFO] Towny v0.59 - Resident/Town/Nation hierarchy + Grid Based Protection [531]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Shade, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shade

Towny
    Towny is a plugin for Bukkit (originally from but discontinued from hMod) that allows players to create towns and nations, along with simple alliance controls. The world is broken up into a grid using 16x16 grid cells as default (for those familiar it's broken up into chunks). Each town is given a certain number of these cells and gains more as the town holds more players. These cells can be controlled by a town's mayor to set build/destroy permissions, define the town as PvP zone, and put plots up for sale using iConomy. Once a town joins a nation, it's residents can then start building in it's allied towns, but joining a nation makes you susceptible to losing your towns protection when the world is at war.

Sec: Block permissions + Allies can't attack each other. Mob removal within towns. World PvP options.
    Chat: Town + Nation chat.
    Econ: Extension for iConomy that has a daily upkeep for towns and nations.
    Fun: War event.
    Info: Remembers when player last logged in as well as when they first registered.
    Tp: Town spawns and teleportation as well as onDeath that uses the town spawn.

~ News (Read this; it's usually of your interests)
    Add the node 'towny.town.claim' if you're using permissions. No one can expand their towns without it.

March 24: I added a filtering system on names. Some people were getting some serious breakage when people used special characters for town names. If you installed one of the versions before 58, you will need to make sure this config value is correct name_check_regex=^[a-zA-Z0-9]+[a-zA-Z0-9._-]*$ or you'll get errors or worse for anything with underscores, dashes and periods. If you want to add to this, brush up on regular expressions or try this ^[^\s]+$ expression (1 character or more of any character but space). Be forwarned, I'm not sure that'll work as I'm rather new to them myself. You might want to make sure of this before updating, as your town names should be filtered accordingly. I also changed how world names were calculated, any worlds with / in it (to represent a subfolder) will probably have their world data reset (actually it's just starting a new file with a new name, so you could probably copy over you data in Towny/data/worlds).

I also updated my website, so some links will probably break. Pretty much all them actually. In other news, the configuration page documentation is pretty!

Old News: http://www.xshade.ca/towny/news-archives

~ Required Plugins
    This plugin isn't 100% required for Towny to run, but it eliminates gaping imbalance.
    • Questioner: link - Used to give confirmation to things like adding a player to a town, or asking the town's mayor/assistants to join a town. Towny will also use the polling feature to create elections, opt in wars, and other such things that require confirmation from both parties to not cause crazy imbalance. (Not all features in this description have been added as of yet).
    ~ Optional Plugin Extensibility

These plugins are NOT required to be installed, and Towny should be 100% functional without them. If you notice a bug with them installed, post it.

Mechanics:
    • Essentials: link - Used to check teleport cooldown and costs when using the /town spawn command. Requires EssentialsTele to be installed as well.
    Permissions:

• Permissions: link - Used to decipher if a player is a towny admin using the node 'towny.admin'. Otherwise, only operators will have the ability to use the admin commands.
    • Permissions 2.1 by Niji:link - No longer compiled against, but probably will continue to work.
    • GroupManager:link - Alternative to Permissions. Requires "fake" Permissions. Rename the fake plugin to "Permissions".
    Permission Nodes (open)

• towny.admin : User is able to use /townyadmin, as well as the ability to build/destroy anywhere. User can also able to make towns or nations when set to admin only.
    • towny.town.new : User is able to create a town (only is use when TOWN_CREATION_ADMIN_ONLY is on)
    • towny.town.claim : User is able to expand his town with /town claim
    • towny.nation.new : User is able to create a nation (only is use when NATION_CREATION_ADMIN_ONLY is on)
    • towny.wild.* : User is able to build/destroy in wild regardless if the config says no.
    • towny.wild.build
    • towny.wild.destroy
    • towny.wild.switch
    • towny.wild.item_use
    • towny.wild.block.[block id] : User is able to edit [block id] in the wild.
    • towny.spawntp : Use /town spawn when allow_town_spawn=false
    • towny.publicspawntp : Use "/town spawn [town]" (teleport to other towns) when allow_town_spawn_travel=false.

Economy:
    • iConomy: link - Used for a large amount of functionality like taxes, cost to start a town or nation, and selling plots. Towns and nations have their own bank account, used to deposit and withdraw during the daily upkeep. War brings in a another addition with stealing a bit of gold when you kill an opponent, and bankrupting towns in order to kick them from the event.
    Read this if your using iConomy (open)

Balance. The default install of Towny cannot and will not balance it perfectly for every single server. This is where you, the admin, comes in. Also, just because you can put a price on it, doesn't mean you should.

USING_ICONOMY
    If you do not want to use iConomy with Towny, then turn this off.

PRICE_NEW_TOWN
    PRICE_NEW_NATION
    These, a the building blocks towny. They are what separate a user from being a hobo in the street to a fine war vet puffing on a cigar in his manor's den. Set the town to be a reasonable price. Either set this price low, so anyone can start a town, or set it high forcing a band of players to group together the funds. Same with nation. If you desire each and every town to have it's own nation, then set it low. If you desire only two or three nations over the land, then set it high. Remember that nations are used to let people build in other cities, so it shouldn't be unreasonable. If you want only a set amount of nations, make the creation of nations admin only.

PRICE_CLAIM_TOWNBLOCK
    Do not make this price unreasonable. It will prevent a town from expanding unreasonably, but in doing so, also makes towns a very hard thing to establish. Big areas, or projects because very hard for users to protect, and you shouldn't deterr people from big projects as they will make your server more interesting.
    This price should probably scale on the lower side if you plan for towns to claim very large areas (or lots of town plots). In fact, since there are other ways to limit the size of towns (max town blocks) you should even consider expanding to be free.

PRICE_TOWN_UPKEEP
    PRICE_NATION_UPKEEP
    This is the server's own tax on the towns. It should kill off the inactive towns on your server.

DEATH_PRICE
    WARTIME_DEATH_PRICE
    Makes dieing more fun, and more of a hassle even when your inventory is empty. The focus of the second, for during war, is to bankrupt a town. Since when a player runs out of funds, it's taken from his town, and when the town runs out of funds, the town is eliminated. Make the price zero if you do not wish for that.

WARTIME_TOWN_BLOCK_LOSS_PRICE
    Same with the death price, but more direct towards the town.

PRICE_NATION_NEUTRALITY
    Don't charge a fee for this unless you have to.

~ Useful Links
    New Website
    Old Website
    Other Links
    ~ FAQ (Read This If You Have Questions)

I've answered some common questions in the second post of this thread. Be sure to check it out.

~ Bugs
    If you notice a bug. First make sure you are up to date with the latest version of Towny. You can find out the version with the command /version Towny.

Before posting the bug, please check the last page or two to check for if others have posted it. If you have anything to add to it, then quote that particular post. Checking my posts is usually a good idea as I tend to answer 5+ posts at once.

Also be sure to check my Known Bugs & To Do List.

Things that are useful to add to you posts:
    • Describe what you did right before the bug appeared. Describe the situation.
    • Error in the console (ca.xshade.bukkit.towny...). Paste the entire thing, use code tags.
    • Most logic has debugging messages. If your skilled at problem solving, try turning on debug mode (/ta set debugmode on) and read the console output during the time of the bug. This might not always apply to every bug possible.
    • If you notice any bugs in block protection going awry. Post the cache messages shown in debug mode. They help tell what towny is thinking during.
    ~ Spread The Love

Donate! Donating keeps me interested in the project and more susceptible to implementing your outrageous demands! I'll more 'n likely add them anyways though, but the love is appreciated!
    For those wonderful people donating 1 cent. Save your money. Paypal takes 5% of transactions, rounded up to the nearest cent. One cent of one cent is, well let Jayne give you the idea. Your thoughts are appreciated though.

Awesome Peeps: Hawkheart, Nameless 1¢ donator, Dharrk! Cool guy from Germany. Legionarius. Another 1¢ donator... The Quezo Collective. Rockstar04! ShatteredBeam. KHobbits, ! Janb !

~ Latest Version - Download Here
    [Usually Tested with: http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/promotion/]
    • Install Notes:
      Place Towny.jar in the plugins folder that should be created when you launch the CraftBukkit server. Then run the server. If you're using permissions, be sure to add towny.town.claim or users will not be able to expand their towns. Check the other permission nodes as well. After getting Towny running, configure it. Towny has lots of options allowing it to run in many different ways. The default setup is doubtful to be perfect for your server.
    Remember, remember, to back up your members. (Make a backup when updating)

Note: v0.17 onwards will automatically backup the data folder in "plugin/Towny/backup/" as the server boots, and each daily interval.

~ Old Versions
    Show Spoiler

~ Change Log
    Change Log for past versions
    Code:
    v0.55:
    	Fixed reloading the towny config.
    	Added regex check for all names. Names must be alphanumeric with the exception of underscores in place of spaces. Old names with invalid characters will be filtered appropriately.
    	World names are now filtered like the other objects in the universe, worlds with / are no longer just using the last token.
    	Reworded errors when making new towns. "You" was hardcoded, and didn't take into account admins making towns for others. To clarify, money is taken from the new mayor's bank account.
    	Added new config option save_on_load. It's defaulted to off (which is opposite to what it was before). It will no longer to a giant save on startup which assured that what's in memory = saved in file. This should speed up startup of particular large db.
    	Files are deleted when the object is deleted. It will not delete existing files, so files deleted outside of towny's regular actions will remain.
    	Added allow_resident_plots to enable/disable plot commands, essentially freezing the plot system.
    	Fixed admin add command (you couldnt add if you werent a mayor/assistant of any town).
    	The admin set mayor command will now add the person to town if he/she isn't already. The npc part of this command now works as well.
    v0.56:
    	Fixed default setting for regex.
    v0.57:
    	Removed debug statements.
    v0.58:
    	Fixed default regex settings.

~ FAQ (Read this)

What is a town?
    A town is a collection of residents (or just one resident) with one resident as the mayor. A town also has a bank which the mayor can withdraw from. A mayor can also have assistants who have the same powers as him/herself. Towns can have taxes that will be taken at the end of each day interval.

How long is a day interval?
    Default is 24 hours. You can change this in the configuration.

How do I start a town?
    Read the Brief Tutorial.

Can someone belong to or own more than one town?
    No. You can claim outposts if you want to protect somewhere not connected to your borders.

What is an outpost?
    An outpost is a type of claiming aspect that a town can do. Claiming an outpost will not limit you to your towns borders, allowing you to start a protected area some else, even another world.

What is a nation?
    A nation is a collection of towns (or just one town) with one town as the capital. The mayor of that capital is the king. A nation can join the war event, as well as ally other nations. A nation also has it's own bank. It can also tax the towns that belong to it.

Is MySql or another database format supported?
    No. Only flatfile, and loading flatfile-hmod is supported.

How do I set up the maximum town blocks?
    http://towny.xshade.ca/help/setting-up-maximum-town-blocks

Can I select a small cuboid, not attached to the grid for (my town/plot)?
    No. Towny is not cuboid, and depends on the grid system.

Can I limit Town/Nation creation?
    Yes with town_creation_admin_only and similarly, nation_creation_admin_only.

People can't build in the wild!
    The default for towny is to force a player to make a town before building, after gathering resources from the ignore item ids. You can turn this feature off with unclaimed_zone_ options in the config. You can also set specific permissions per world for the wild with the /townyworld command.

What are the permissions?
    [​IMG]
    Each town and resident has his own permissions. For residents, the permissions are used for his/her residential plots. For towns, it affects all townblocks within the town that are unowned.
    • Switch permissions are for items like levers and buttons.
    • Item Use permissions are for letting people use items like buckets and lighters.
    • Resident plot permissions use the "resident" permission level a little different, as he/she doesn't control any residents. Instead, this permission is used for his/her friends list.
    Permissions are shown in your status with B=rao D=rao S=rao I=rao, where r = resident, a = ally, and o = outsider. The capital B= denotes the build permission. The minus symbol "-" is used to show that your are denying permission to the specific permission.

To edit your permissions ingame, use the "/[res/town] set perm" command. Further examples of the commands can be found on the Master Command List.

What are taxes?
    Taxes are an automatic method of keeping a town's economy, as well as slowly killing off town's that are inactive.

Any player can view the taxing personal to them with /towny prices.

Town Collection
    The following are taxes that a town's mayor can set. The taxes are deposited into the town bank. The mayor himself, as well as his staff (assistants) are exempt from these taxes.
    • Resident tax: Each resident in the town has to pay this. Failure to do so will kick you from the town. Mayors can set with /town set taxes [$].
    • Residential plot tax: Each resident who owns a plot in town will be charged this amount for each plot they own in that town. Failure to do so will have the resident losing ownership over the plot. This is charged before residential taxes. Mayors can set with /town set plottax [$].
    Nation Collection

The following are taxes that a nation's king can set. The taxes are deposited into the nation's bank.
    • Town tax: Each town in the nation has to pay this except for the capital town. Kings can set with /nation set taxes [$].
    Server Imposed Taxes

The following are taxes that the administrator must set in the configuration. These are global taxes intended to slowly kill off inactive towns/nations.
    • Town tax: Each town in the world pays this. Failure to pay will destroy the town.
    • Nation tax: Each nation in the world pays this. Failure to pay will destroy the nation.
    How do I configure the wilderness?

Towny has a few options for this. The default being that you cannot edit in the wild at all. Forcing players to make towns to begin construction. You can turn this option off globally in the configuration (unclaimed_zone_[permission]). You can also change it for a particular world with the /townyworld (/tw) command. Anything to do with the wild globally can be set per world.

Towny also has the ability to ignore certain blocks in the wild. Such as logs and leaves (in the default). These block ids can be set with in the UNCLAIMED_ZONE_IGNORE variable in the config. The default has it so that you can edit ores, glowstone, ladders, torches and minetracks in the wild.

You can also change the name of the wild that pops up when you leave a town. Setting this per world would make the "wilderness" be more personal to that specific world. Eg: Setting the name to "Hell" for a nether type world would create a nice note when transitioning world to world.

What are the "modes" a player can have?
    Each player has the ability to change how Towny interacts with him/her. The most common are for popup displays that show up as the player moves around in the world. They can be set with the /resident set mode [mode] ... [mode]. The modes are as follows:
    • map: Equivalent to typing "/towny map" as you walk between townblocks.
    • townclaim: Equivalent to typing "/town claim" as you walk between townblocks.
    • townunclaim: Equivalent to typing "/town unclaim" as you walk between townblocks.
    • tc: Your main chat output is to the town channel.
    • nc: Your main chat output is to the nation channel.
    Why are the cells off by 1 in the negative planes? and why is the plots 15x16 or 15x15 near origin?
    Read this post here. It's a simple fix, however, it would shift 3/4 of existing plots on every server currently using Towny, so I'm not changing this.

How can I make it so resident can only build in their own plots?
    If you want this as default for every town on your server, be sure to change the default permissions in the config with default_town_perm_ to false. Now only the mayor + assistants have permission for newly created towns. If you want this for existing towns, or you only want your town to act in this way, you need to use /town set perm off.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  2. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

By the way did you just say you updated to v0.46?

3. Offline

Shade

The chat commands must be two characters in length. its just the way i did it for now. The way commands are parsed will be changing soon, so theres no point trying to hack a fix for this now.
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 5:56 AM ---
    I really need to test more with permissions enabled. All i ever test is towny.admin and opping myself to give me everything. >.> The only way for it to work though is if Permissions is installed and it says ok. Your not giving people towny.* or nonsense like that are you?
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 5:57 AM ---
    I added minimum distance from another homeblock (not from the edge of a town, its on my non-priorty todo list tho, dont expect soon). check v46
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:02 AM ---
    um, the entire plot system needs a rework. so uh, stay tuned. (btw thats a no)
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:03 AM ---
    Something like you giving towny.* to everyone, which would inlude towny.admin?
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:04 AM ---
    prob fixed in v46
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:06 AM ---
    /res set mode townclaim
    Claim as you freaking walk like a stuf adventurer. IMO it's better.
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:09 AM ---
    Unless your an admin doing it for a resident, you dont need to specify the mayors name (as itd be you).
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:12 AM ---
    yml is shit without indents, use the code tag next time.

from what i can gather, you gave the group General the '*' permission which give every user including that group every permission for every plugin.

General:
    default: false
    info:
    prefix: '&0'
    suffix: '&h'
    build: true
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - '*'
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:14 AM ---
    i was waiting to read the page or two of posts to see if i should add in any last minute things before updating.

M1sT3rM4n likes this.
  4. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

great :)
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 7:03 AM ---
    Feedback about the Prefixes: After removing iChat, the prefixes still don't change. King still stays as prefix for nation creator. Not sure about mayor, but same thing for cities etc. That's the ONLY thing bugging me atm lol
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 7:07 AM ---
    Also, it no longer shows wilderness notification or notification entering a nation or city.

5. Offline

fallarnon

Other plots are 16 yes. There is no need for you to apologize, I have not paid for this mod or anything that would give me even the most remote claim to demand it work as expected. ^^ Thanks for all of your work on this plugin, it's very useful.

Just wondering, any explanation for why this happened? A matter of curiosity more than anything else.

6. Offline

godiceman

nvm it works

7. Offline

NekoMikan

I must have missed that, ty ♥

8. Offline

Shade

looks like i need to debug that >.>

M1sT3rM4n likes this.
  9. Offline

Will-ko

Nope

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'BetterShop.user.*'
                - 'iConomy.list'
                - 'iConomy.rank'
                - 'iConomy.payment'
                - 'mobRider.command.goto'
                - 'mobRider.command.attack'
                - 'mobRider.command.go'
                - 'mobRider.command.stop'
                - 'mobRider.players'
                - 'mobRider.animals'
                - 'mobRider.monsters'
                - 'monstertamer.player.catch'
                - 'monstertamer.player.check'
                - 'monstertamer.player.befriend'
                - 'monstertamer.player.target'
                - 'monstertamer.player.release'
                - 'AutoRepair.warn'
                - 'AutoRepair.repair'
                - 'AutoRepair.info'
                - 'AutoRepair.access'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

10. Offline

Machete.Panda

God no. I had installed it by default. UPDATE: I installed Permissions AFTER it and everything is working thus far. Thanks

11. Offline

Shade

probably my bad math skills yo.

It has to do with how Java does integer division. Basically, java does real math, read the spot on sign rules, vs how another lanuage like python will do what i intended by default (without even the need to offset!).

Basically what i wanted to do was treat it as an unsigned (always positive, but the negative and positive range have unique points). Python treats it as taking some point to represent negative infinity, and treat that as zero. Then add the distance between our new zero and the value (ie if x = 5 it would be infinity+5. Infinity is a finite number for this]. In java, it would probably be the largest an integer can be (2^32-1). So it would be (2^32-1+4)/16. Which would make it in a grid of 16x16.

In Java, it's treated differently, using fancy math skills.
    -15 / 16 = 0
    -1 / 16 = 0
    0 / 16 = 0
    1 / 16 = 0
    15 /16 = 0

Here we have the area around origin being a full 31x31 area,with the blocks along the axis being 16x31. I noticed this long ago when i started towny. So i decided to subtract a full 16 to the value when it reaches into the negatives. My logic was actually were I took the number afterwards which represents one of the cell coordinates and subtracted one. This is the error.
    -16 / 16 = -1 - 1 = -2
    -15 / 16 = 0 - 1 = -1
    -1 / 16 = 0 - 1 =- 1
    0 / 16 = 0
    1 / 16 = 0
    15 /16 = 0

See the -15 <-> -1 range is only 15 in size.

What i should have done, after noticing this was to add one to the x,z coords before doing the division.
    -17+1 = -16 / 16 = -1 - 1 = -2
    -16+1 = -15 / 16 = 0 - 1 = -1
    -15+1 = -14 / 16 = 0 - 1 = -1
    -1+1 = 0 / 16 = 0 - 1 =- 1
    0 / 16 = 0
    1 / 16 = 0
    15 /16 = 0

Thanks for asking me to explain it, as I would of just said, I think i know the problem, and just ignored it. By doing so, you forced me to be smart and look shit up to prove that I'm right (something I don't always do >.>).

Full samples i made with java and python.
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    Java [current code](-17,-17) -> (2,2)
    (-2,-2)(-2,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)( 0,-2)( 0,-2)( 0,-2)
    (-2,-2)(-2,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)( 0,-2)( 0,-2)( 0,-2)
    (-2,-1)(-2,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)
    (-2,-1)(-2,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)
    (-2, 0)(-2, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)
    (-2, 0)(-2, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)

Java [only integer division without the offset]
    (-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)
    (-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)
    (-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)
    (-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)

Python [only integer division] (-17,-17) -> (2,2)
    (-2,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)(-1,-2)( 0,-2)( 0,-2)( 0,-2)
    (-2,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)
    (-2,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)
    (-2, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)
    (-2, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)

Python (only integer division) (-3, -3) -> (16, 16)
    (-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 1,-1)
    (-1,-1)(-1,-1)(-1,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 0,-1)( 1,-1)
    (-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 1, 0)
    (-1, 0)(-1, 0)(-1, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 0, 0)( 1, 0)
    (-1, 1)(-1, 1)(-1, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 0, 1)( 1, 1)

Btw, I wrote this last night when the forums were down. don't actually have time right now for q & a. I'll bbl.

12. Offline

link2110

using /tc with no message restarts our server. is this a known bug?

13. Offline

Skate

i have pvp on my server but it isnt working when i put towny on can you help

14. Offline

shane3x

Would you ever consider giving more customisation as to what we can do with Towny? This is what I want to do:

- Only Admins can create/expand an area as a town and modify it's properties (such as mob damage etc...)
    - Assign a player as the owner (Mayor)
    - Only the owner can create protected plots within the protected town but not expand the town at all without admin
    - People wishing to claim a protected plot within the protected town need to ask the owner so the owner can type a command to give them permission to build on that plot

15. Offline

Seven50six6

I'm not %100 sure how to download this into my server.

Can some one explain to me how I download it?

16. Offline

shane3x

So, if I have iConomy 4.2 and latest recommended build (#49x) who do I bug about updating their plugin so it all works? You or iConomy Author?

17. Offline

NekoMikan

18. Offline

Legionarius

Eagerly awaiting @Shade signoff on a 493 comp version. Growing weary of unit testing everything without everything being on the same build. Keep up all the great work @Shade.

19. Offline

Racha

Download link not working :(

20. Offline

Novemberman

is there a way to create a non wild zone without anyone owning it

i wish to create a open market zone for my players to place a few chest to sell there items with iConomychest shop

it would be like a flea market :)

21. Offline

NekoMikan

I wasn't saying "Do this now!!" but asked if he could please add it

22. Offline

imaxorz

Is there anyway to have Towny check not only TP cooldown, but also TP pause?

So, players can't use /town spawn to TP instantly away from battles to cheat.

23. Offline

maxsteele

I wanted to get this information on the Towny thread, as there may be a conflict between the Towny plugin and the Multiverse plugin.

I'm running Craftbukkit #450, Towny .46 , and was running Multiverse 1.4 at the time of the issue.

When I would first bring my server online, memory usage would be around 1.5 gigs. During the course of the day, over a 12 hour period, memory usage would slowly creep up, reaching 8-10 gigs used. Twice in two days the console locked up completely.

Last night, I disabled Multiverse, and my server has been running for 12 hours now, with memory usage at 2 gigs (with 20 people on).

I believe there is a conflict between Towny and Multiverse, which is causing a big memory leak, and making the server unstable. I am not able to disable Towny and have Multiverse running, because Towny is such an important plugin on my server.

I would also think if there were such a memory leak with only Multiverse, players using it would be reporting this issue, as well as the plugin author would see it. It could be that because Towny is not multi-world aware, this causes the memory issues I am seeing.

I hope this information is helpful, and I would love to see Towny and Multiverse work together to resolve this issue, as having the nether as well as Towny running on my server would be great to have.
    --- merged: Mar 4, 2011 10:44 PM ---
    Is there a way for admins to monitor town chat at all? It doesn't seem to show up on the console. If not, that's quite the security hole, as admins of the server are not able to monitor town chat....

24. Offline

fallarnon

Shade, you're officially my favorite plugin writer. Most plugin writers would have been like "It's broke get over it" or something and not only didn't you do that but you wrote up on heck of an explanation. Thanks so much!

25. Offline

LucidLethargy

Please allow a way to save permission settings (unless there is a way, in which i'd love to know!) My spawn point is also my capital city, and every single time I restart (this happens often with my bukkit server as I update things a lot) I need to manually input 4 different commands to allow people to operate in the capital. I use Worldguard to protect, so I don't need any of that in this city. I just want that city in particular to give all outsiders the ability to operate within it.

26. Offline

tenach

The Community/wget URL is broken, can you please fix this?

27. Offline

demijan

Hello, here's a question about plots:
    Is there a way to configure plot space manually like iZone or other plugins? I need my plot to have a specific height as I need to mark a flat in a greater building.

Also, can you limit the number of plots per player?

28. Offline

Skate

excuse me how to i allow players to build in the wilderness?

29. Offline

demijan

plugins\Towny\settings\config.properties

unclaimed_zone_build=true
    unclaimed_zone_destroy=true
    unclaimed_zone_item_use=true
    --- merged: Mar 5, 2011 4:02 AM ---
    edit.
    if no, is there an addon that could do that relatively compatible with towny?

30. Offline

humpacactus

I tried the trick above but it continues to say "unable to build in the wilderness" or whatever. Would love to use this plugin but without that ability it useless. Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.