[FUN] MobArena v0.96.8 - Become a mob-fighting gladiator! [1.7.x, 1.8.x]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

[​IMG]

MobArena - Become a mob-fighting gladiator!
    [​IMG] Latest build: v0.96.7 (1.7.x)
    [​IMG] Wiki
    [​IMG] IRC Channel
    [​IMG] Source

BukkitDev Project Page - Find MobArena on dev.bukkit.org here: LINK.

------------------------------

Old description (open)
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:
    • Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    • Play alone or team up with friends
    • Earn glorious prizes
    • Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    • Easy to set up
    • Extremely easy to use
    • Very few user commands
    • Supports Permissions and all major economies
    • Supports Spout
    • Supports Heroes
    Note: When you post a bug report, please provide a stacktrace/error from the server log/console window. Post this stacktrace in either a pastebin, a pastie, or a CODE-block! The same applies for config-files, permissions-files, etc! Please don't put them directly in your posts, as they become gigantic and annoying to read. If you don't follow this guideline, I might ignore your post!

Wiki - Instructions, commands, FAQ, etc.
    I have set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, as well as frequently asked questions.

New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)

Relevant links:
    Videos:
    Getting started with MobArena, by Flamers
    Flamers made this really easy-to-follow, simple video of how to get started with MobArena. It covers installing the plugin, defining an arena region and setting up basic leaderboards, as well as a few pointers for arena design.
    Old instructional video (open)
    Instructional video for setting up MobArena:

Note: This video was made for v0.67, but all the in-game instructions still work the same for the latest versions. The config-file has changed, so make sure to read the Wiki on how to set it up.
    More Videos (open)
    Review of MobArena by plugin reviewer jamescosten (v0.84):

Note: My nickname "garbagemule" is pronounced "garbage mule", as in "trash donkey" ;)

Hilarious showcase of MobArena by Daniel James and Daniel Cherry (v0.92.3):

Delios showing off his beautiful arena setup:

slowmonkey1227 in his interesting "island" arena: YouTube
    French video by avalondrey (v0.87.3): YouTube
    German video by blutherz and his friends (v0.91.2): YouTube

Troubleshooting:
    To avoid wasting not only your own time, but mine as well, I expect everyone to do some extensive troubleshooting before posting bug reports. What does this mean?

Try MobArena on a fresh server.
    MobArena works perfectly fine when I release it. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it works. If it doesn't work for you, something is most likely wrong on your end. Set up a local test-server, and verify that MobArena works before claiming that it doesn't. When you have verified that MobArena does indeed work, you can start adding other plugins and settings until something conflicts.

Disable other plugins.
    The first thing you need to do is disable all other plugins. If you can't reproduce the bug with other plugins disabled, you know that you have a conflicting plugin. Now perform a binary search on the other plugins, or if you don't know how to do that, just add a couple of plugins back to the plugins-folder, try to reproduce the bug, and if you can't, the conflicting plugin must be in the remaining set of plugins.

Write down reproduction steps.
    Figure out the exact steps to reproduce/trigger the bug. I need precise steps, and as much information as possible, because there are often many things that could be going on. An example of reproduction steps could be:
    1. Type /ma join
    2. Punch the Archer class sign
    3. Wait for someone else to join
    4. Punch the iron block
    5. Type /ma leave before the other player picks a class

Check the console window/server.log
    Make sure you check the server.log file for any MobArena errors or exceptions. If you find any, copy the ENTIRE exception (including all the lines that say "at com.garbagemule.MobArena...") and paste it (with the other information) in a CODE-tag here in the thread.

Donations:
    I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)

Changelog:

Version 0.94.3.24
    • Updated for CB 1337.
    • The repair-delay node is now unused! The reason for this is that it is now possible (with the release of 1317) to cancel block damage in explosions, and still retain the animation and sound! This also means that arenas should be fully pistons-compatible (for arenas that don't use soft-restore or force-restore)! I'm hoping to see some screenshots and videos of shifting arenas! :)
    • You can now right-click signs in the lobby! I finally found a super easy solution to the improperly updating inventory issue with right-clicking class signs. The result is that players can now left- or right-click as they please. This should solve all issues related to players not being able to choose classes, due to spawn region and WorldGuard/Factions/whatever conflicts.
    • It is no longer possible to warp out of the lobby.
    • New per-arena setting: final-wave - Allows for setting a final wave, meaning on that wave, the arena will end, regardless of how many players are alive.
    Version 0.94.3.11 (open)

• v0.94.3.11 - Updated Register, built against CB 1240.
    • v0.94.3.8 - Added basic leaderboards.
    • v0.94.3.6 - Fixed MagicSpells support - MobArena no longer supports MagicSpells pre-v1.1!
    • v0.94.3.5 - Fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with CB 1185, as well as a couple of minor MobArena bugs.
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185
    • Updated economy support (now supports iConomy 6).
    • Added the three new mob types, Enderman/Endermen, CaveSpider/CaveSpiders, Silverfish. They can be used just like the other mob types in the waves.
    • Endermen cannot pick up arena blocks (this is why).
    • Endermen cannot place blocks in arena regions.
    • The per-class permission syntax has been fixed and changed slightly. The Wiki has been updated (clicky).
    • Fixed MagicSpells issues.
    Version 0.94.2 (open)

• Redstone circuits now work properly in arenas.
    • Lightning now properly strikes on spawnpoints on special waves.
    • Fixed an issue where players somehow warping/cheating out of the arena world get kicked from the server when discovered.
    • Added MagicSpells support. Use the magicspells.yml file to ban certain spells from the arena either for the whole session, or only during boss waves.
    • Fixed the Heroes death conflict. MobArena and Heroes should now play nice together. Further Heroes support is planned for upcoming releases.
    • [COLOR=#1000000]MobArena will no longer support the discontinued Permissions 2.x and 3.x permission systems.[/COLOR] Recommended permissions systems include PermissionsBukkit (defacto standard) or PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.94.1 (open)

• Added two new boss abilities: 'shuffle-positions' and 'flood'. Try them out!
    • Players disconnecting/crashing during an arena session no longer get corrupted data files due to economy rewards.
    • Weapon durability is now correctly set to "unlimited".
    • Item sub-types (cocoa beans, bonemeal, colored wool, etc.) now work again.
    • Players can no longer join the arena without first picking a class.
    • MobArena now works with spawn-monsters=false again.
    Version 0.94 (open)

• Completely revamped the waves system! Undeniably the biggest feature in MobArena since multiple arenas in v0.92, the new customizable waves are guaranteed to bring much more awesomeness to your MobArenas. The waves system brings two new wave types, swarm waves and boss waves. The latter is a very elaborate feature, and the whole waves system has been given its own page on the Wiki. Note: MobArena will ignore all old wave settings, but use sane defaults.
    • Revamped the logging system. Instead of logging: true, you can now use logging: yml/xml. The logging system will now keep track of the last session only, but also maintain a collection of 'totals' for each arena. The idea behind these easy-to-parse files is making the stats available on server web pages.
    • Added SuperPerms/PermissionsBukkit support. Note that specifying mobarena.arenas.* and mobarena.classes.* probably won't work, but these nodes are given to everyone by default.
    • Added Spout support. Currently, the only Spouty thing MobArena does is print (some) announcements as notifications/achievements. This should limit the amount of "chat spam" that MobArena produces. Other Spout-features are planned, but don't expect something crazy. Note that MobArena does NOT require Spout!
    • Monsters will no longer target pet wolves. This is a major nerf to pet classes, but they were very overpowered as it was.
    • Fixed item amounts greater than 64 sometimes bugging out. You should now be able to put arrow:1024 for your Archer classes :)
    • Fixed players losing their stored items and/or earned rewards upon disconnecting from the arena.
    • Fixed blocks not restoring when burned by fire.
    • Fixed an issue with entry fees. They should no longer cause any problems.
    • Fixed slimes. That's right! Slimes that spawn as a result of bigger slimes splitting upon death are now considered arena monsters. This also means that Slimes no longer drop slime balls; as intended.
    • Revamped the repairing algorithm. It is now MUCH more sophisticated, and is capable of repairing not only signs and containers, but also torches, doors and beds. Redstone -should- repair properly as well, but it is still slightly buggy.
    • Added support for restorable containers. Registered chests, dispensers, and furnaces will have their contents stored upon arena start, and restored at arena end. This is useful for providing the arena players with chests with e.g. upgrades or food.
    • Added new commands (for the feature above) - /ma addcontainer <name>, /ma delcontainer <name>, /ma containers. These commands work much like the the spawnpoint commands. To add a container, simply look at the container and type /ma addcontainer <name>.
    Changelog (continued)

apes, chakyl, Steffion and 64 others like this.
  2. Offline

ChrisProlls

3. Offline

Lead2Life

Hello
    I found a bug. If I try to add a new class then everything works fine but if I'm going to give those ( or even the default classes ) a different item like a diamond axe it'll loose durability during the battle. So I'm using McMMo and there you have a fighting skill for axes and therefore I implemented it. Please fit it.

4. Offline

garbagemule

@ChrisProlls - Glad to hear you're enjoying MobArena! Looks like you're using a very old version, though, as your arena is small, and Creepers don't seem to explode properly. You should update! :)

@Lead2Life - Only swords have unlimited durability. This is to prevent conflicts with plugins that alter tool damage based on durability. It's not a bug, it's how it's supposed to be.

5. Offline

ChrisProlls

Yes the video is from yesterday so it was version 90.2
    The creepers that do not explode is because I have disabled in WorldGuard ^ ^
    But now I have the new version.

I also found a small bug. When creating an arena with /dooooo it hippie monster, we can break the floor of the room with the choice of classes

6. Offline

LifeTrasher2

Thank you will be looking foreword to friday =)

7. Offline

Teotw

bug report for you:
    18:16:09 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MobArena v0.91.1 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAUtils.spawnBypass(MAUtils.java:235)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaManager.init(ArenaManager.java:103)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MobArena.onEnable(MobArena.java:38)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:799)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:140)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

(yes, it is up to date (answer to the bug report's question))

8. Offline

tuderen

@Teotw isn't that the "you haven't set region p1 and p2 yet" bug report? Try setting p1 and p2 and see if it stops.

9. Offline

Exone

Is there any way to turn of the announcements for the rest of the server?
    I'd like them to only show for the players in the arena oO

10. Offline

garbagemule

@Exone - The announcements are only sent to the players around and in the arena region.

11. Offline

Redyugi

@garbagemule A '/ma modify' toggle command would be lovely, because I want to edit my arena, and I can't after it is made. I have been using VoxelSniper to do the trick, but signs and other things require actually being able to place stuff down.

12. Offline

tuderen

@Redyugi /ma protect false should do the trick and then followed by /ma protect true when done.

13. Offline

Redyugi

Hasn't for me, but I'll reset the server and try again.

14. Offline

tuderen

@Redyugi /ma protect false should disable all protections MobArena adds, so if you still cannot change stuff, you probably have a conflicting plugin.

15. Offline

Tauryuu

Is it possible for players to have to be in the protected areas of the Mob Arena to join the arena? It's a problem on my server...

16. Offline

Don Redhorse

hmm that it why I meant to specify a white / black list... so people could add the blocks they want to stay in that.. ofcourse if you make a arena of netherrack you have a problem :)

17. Offline

Kentoss

Some little things to report:

1. Protection doesn't remember sign text. I frequently go down to see all my signs blank (I'm pretty sure you mentioned this, however)
    2. When I've disabled protection to make changes, I still cannot place signs. This has happened since updating to 0.90
    3. My arena floor is made of sand, and I'll frequently come back to random blocks missing from the floor. This is caused by creeper explosions and the protection system not filling the holes back in. Interestingly it only appears to be sand getting the holes, as parts of the floor are also glowstone, which never breaks.

18. Offline

Flamers

This happens to me too :)

19. Offline

LeGenDaryX

I Have tombstone on my server. And when someone dies.. all the armor he has on will be in the chest! So my arena is full of chests now with diamond armors.
    I didn't have this before.

20. Offline

mnopjh

can you make it so that you have to kill all of the mobs to go to the nxt wave?
    or at least make it toggleable?

21. Offline

crysis992

Few suggestions:

- I have chests in my arena, a auto refill at the end would be nice.
    - Doors that you can open but not close.
    - Kill all mobs before you go to the next wave.
    - Auto heal on /ma join
    - Store Inventory on /ma join, give it back + add rewards on /ma leave.

22. Offline

I_Am_No_One

Is there anyway to make it so that the players must kill all of the mobs to start the next round? BTW whenever i play and a creeper blows up in the arena, the ground doesnt respawn.

23. Offline

tha d0ctor

even when I punch the class selection signs with my fist it only fills 1 slot of inventory at a time by the way

24. Offline

garbagemule

@Tauryuu - Yes, it's perfectly possible, if you take some time to learn the MobArena API and write an addon plugin yourself :) Otherwise, nope, sorry.

@Don Redhorse - Sorry, it's too prone to error and crashing :(

@Kentoss - 1: Known issue. Make sure the lobby is out of explosion range. The auto-generated arena doesn't take this into account, so I suggest you build your own (and I do regardless) :) 2: I can place signs just fine with protection off. Try to locate the conflicting plugin. 3: I recommend using sandstone instead of sand. The reason for the bug is that sand blocks fall, so there is probably a difficult-to-fix problem with the rebuilding algorithm.

@LeGenDaryX - Figure out if Tombstone's "tombstones" can be cancelled, and I will work around it in MobArena. Otherwise, this is the price you pay for not having Creeper instant deaths - at least for now, sorry.

@mnopjh - Nope, and nope. Sorry.

@crysis992 - Chests; not gonna happen. You can use the MobArena API to do exactly this :) I don't know what you mean about doors. I'm assuming you mean if you place doors in your arena, they won't close after being opened. I'll admit I haven't even remotely considered placing doors in my arena, so I'll have to look into it. The arena floor is not supposed to be monsterless before the next wave. The whole purpose of MobArena is swarms. Auto-heal on arena start will be a setting either in v1.0 or sooner. As for player inventories - you'll complain at me when you lose all your items because of a server crash or something like that, and I don't like that :(

@I_Am_N:confused:ne - Your question: No. Your statement: Set the repairdelay to 10 and see if the problem persists.

@tha d0ctor - Sorry you're having problems. Did you find the conflicting plugin yet?

25. Offline

ArcFox

No. No. No. Simply no. I don't have a conflicting plugin. I get every chatmessage like " You earned a reward..." or "Here's your reward.." or "xyz is not ready yet" but I DON'T get the wave message. It's not a conflicting plugin because I disabled every single one except for MobArena on my local testserver! It still didn't work. Besides: I really did nothing else then to switch from 0.89.x (worked smoothly for us but we simply disabled Creepers) to 0.91.1 and now the bugs start. No wavemessages. Bad deathsystem. Small Edit: We're using Bukkit RB 860. Works fine right now with MobArena 0.89.x

And please make this new deathsystem optional. On our server we have a highscoresystem about who died the least and now that MobArena actually triggers the damage event instead of cancelling it this messes up the ranking. I ruther have creepers not included at all then to have this (for us) buggy patch. We still have to use 0.89 or else I'd have to manually edit the rankings everytime some1 uses the MobArena :confused:

And call me persistant but I REALLY would love some really simple to implement feedback. Make a configentry like "feedback-to-flatfile" or "feedback-to-log" and just write two things after an arenafight has finished: WHO finished it and WHAT level did they reach. This would be so amazing of you! :)

26. Offline

Mikoyano

I have an issue: Creepers in my arena are SUPER strong... They kill you with one hit even if you are full health and a diamond armor... Is it a known issue or can somebody help?

27. Offline

garbagemule

@Mikoyano - Update to the latest version.

28. Offline

Ratchet

i'm running with Ghasts as a special spawn, and sometimes the blocks they destroy don't come back, 99% of the time they do, but after running the arena for a day at the end of the day there's maybe 3-4 blocks that are gone that didn't respawn.

Edit: also is there no way you can make mobs target people at a greater distance? or is that a minecraft limitation?

29. Offline

erdrickk

I have an issue - I use the Tombstone plugin on my server - with the latest changes who ever dies leaves behind a death chest full of the arena loot.....

Is there a way to disable tombstone chests with in the arena area?

EDIT: never mind - I will set it so Tombstones only drop with chests in packs that way they dont drop in the arena

30. Offline

Mikoyano

Oh, ok.. I didnt see that lol... anyway, my creepers dont make explosions... They explode and cause damage, but no sounds or clues of what happened...
    Also, do you have an idea of when is 1.0 going to be released?

31. Offline

tha d0ctor

No need to apologize, there is a work around so its not completely broken. If its any consolation the class signs in plugin fight work fine, so you might want to check out the code in that plugin?

I'll try to get to testing it with different plugins but I have like 40+ plugins so I guess I'll have to make a test server to test each plugin individually