Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. works really slow on 1.8 with bukkit 1149

3. Offline

veN1337

Because its not supporting dev builds yet. Look the title it says: 1060

I also getting the "RTPONG++" in my cmd window on Windows Web Server 2008 32bit

4. i know this but i just wanted to tell people if someone uses. I still use it coz it WORKS , it just seems to be slow when restarting :)

5. Offline

parker_digg

Code:
    The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
    Could not create the Java virtual machine.
    Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx5G
    I have 16GB of ram on my computer.

6. Offline

heavy1metal

Then you should have java 64bit, and be running it as such.
    I'm having similar issues to those above with 1.8.1, bukkit 1149. Understandable to have errors when I'm not running 1060, but thought it would help to let you know.
    Everything is default, nothing changed, not even username/pass.
    "BUG": Console is treated like the telnet session, so I am seeing color codes, pong, and other such notices. So I would say telnet session is being duplicated through the server console.
    Otherwise it works great, I can telnet in remotely from work, responsive, reloads the server when it crashes etc etc.. so I ignore the annoying color codes in the server log file and console, and deal with it while we eagerly await an update :)

Also to note: no other plugin, besides the 1 required. (Did this to narrow down the cause)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  7. Offline

drdanick

Change the server-restart-delay property in wrapper.properties to this:
    Code:
    server-restart-delay=0

As heavy1metal said, you need to be using the 64-bit version of java if you want to allocate that much memory to the heap.

What operating system are you using? I am not getting these issues under Linux, so I assume you are using Windows. Correct me if i'm wrong.

8. Offline

RollFIzzlebeef

I get escaped characters in server.log also under Ubuntu 11.04.

Looking through old logs, it appears to have started on my server when I switched from that unofficial build Bukkit put out to support 1.7.3 to git-Bukkit-0.0.0-945-g73697a4-b1000jnks on July 27th. I didn't upgrade Remote Toolkit until August 3rd, so I suspect something changed in Bukkit, not RKit.

FWIW, they don't show up in grep or cat (which display the colors correctly):
    2011-09-19 15:15:34 [INFO] [Server] Map saving in progress...

but do show up for me in less:
    2011-09-19 13:15:34 [INFO] ESC[35m[Server] Map saving in progress...ESC[0m

Also seeing the issue with .stopwrapper taking a little over a minute to actually shut down under 1.8, but I'm patient ;)

9. Offline

Xylogeist

can you make a init.d script?

10. Offline

NEO

11. Offline

Grifhell

i can not stoping server. if i enter "stop", server - restarting (((

12. Offline

heavy1metal

Yessir, running windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Here is my batch file running:
    @Echo off
    java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar user:password
    i've also tried:
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar

This is with CB#1150 as of today.
    Snippet of what I'm seeing in console:
    2011-09-19 22:46:41 [INFO] [AutoSave] ยง9World Auto-Save Complete
    2011-09-19 22:46:41 [INFO] [31mheavy1metal:[37m orbs drop [0m
    2011-09-19 22:46:44 [INFO] [31mheavy1metal:[37m server crashes [0m
    2011-09-19 22:46:48 [INFO] [32mKintana:[37m Bahaha. [0m
    2011-09-19 22:46:51 [INFO] [31mheavy1metal:[37m O_0 [0m
    2011-09-19 22:46:59 [INFO] [32mKintana:[37m Also, whatare ender pearls for [0m
    2011-09-19 22:47:10 [INFO] [31mheavy1metal:[37m purtyness [0m
    2011-09-19 22:47:12 [INFO] [36mSuicideRun:[37m exp/ender pearls all to be used more in 1.9 [0m

You need to type .stopwrapper, see the command list posted in this very forum or type .help to get a list from console. You're using the wrapper now, not exactly console :)

(Yes you must include the period in your command)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Xylogeist

As I said before, can you make an init.d script that can run rtoolkit on my linux server's reboot?
    OR: Can you tell me how to run the rtoolkit.sh in the background so I can close my ssh window without the minecraft server closing?

14. Offline

RollFIzzlebeef

Rkit needs access to standard input/output, so it's best to start it in screen, which will run even after you log out:
    Code:
    USER=your_rkit_user
    PASS=your_rkit_password
    MINECRAFTDIR=/path/to/minecraft/directory
    STARTCMD="java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar ${USER}:${PASS}"
    cd $MINECRAFTDIR
    screen -dmLS minecraft $STARTCMD
    or if you don't have screen installed and don't mind some errors in the log files, you can just use nohup:
    Code:
    nohup java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar your_user:your_pass &

15. Offline

Vittek

I know you've heard this a million times but.. any news on the update? Just now im starting to get the dreaded "Read Timed Out" error again :'(

16. Offline

blokzeil1

its not working on 1185 :S i need it :p

17. Offline

drdanick

What issues are you having? I am aware of the shutdown delay bug and a few other things related to server console output.

18. Offline

EnzoFX

Using 1185, though no issues found so far that I'm aware of...

19. Offline

davvem

I got an issue, using it, Read timed out, no restart :( have to .forcerestart manually :(

Oh, also, it do restart automaticly.... on crash too,even thought instead of the 2 min time i set, it restarts after 30 minutes or more :( are you working on tihs? just asking. =)

20. Offline

drdanick

Yes, I am still working on it. As I have said many times before, the toolkit does not respond directly to "Read timed out" errors yet.

21. Offline

ConWylie

Thank you very much, this has helped me keep my server up 24/7!
    To me this is the best plugin. I would thank you 100 times, Keep up the good work :)

22. Offline

Matt Gill

@drdanick
    Do you have an ETA on the next verison?

Map backups and the android app sound really cool.

23. Offline

Kas

Hello there,

I really love this mod, especially the scheduled restarts are awesome because they solve memory leaks completely automatically. However my players are not warned in any way about restarts, even though I put it in the options. I do see "[server] Automatic restart in t" in my terminal, but the players do not see this. I use Essentials, Pemissions and WE/WG, could that be an issue?
    Can anyone help me with this? This is my options file
    Code:
    #Minecraft Remote Toolkit Properties File
    #Sun Sep 18 18:44:44 CEST 2011
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    maximum-heap-size=2048M
    toolkit-autoshutdown-alerts=10m,5m,1m,30s,10s,5s,4s,3s,2s,1s
    restart-on-severe-exception=false
    server-saveall-period=0
    extra-runtime-arguments=-Djline.terminal\=jline.UnsupportedTerminal
    force-save-on-restart=true
    server-heartbeat-threshold=1m
    server-restart-alerts=15m,10m,5m,3m,1m,30s,15s,10s,5s,4s,3s,2s,1s
    minecraft-server-jar=craftbukkit.jar
    initial-heap-size=2048M
    overridden-process-arguments=
    failed-heartbeat-restart-count=5
    severe-exception-detection-level=1
    server-arguments=nogui
    toolkit-autoshutdown-delay=0
    server-restart-delay=6h
    import-properties=false

I would also like to know what the options
    toolkit-autoshutdown-delay and forced-restart-delay are, because I don't understand what they're for... I mean, the restart period is defined by server-restart-delay, right? Then what is this other variable for? And what does autoshutdown-delay do? Because my wrapper keeps running for several minutes sometimes after using .stopwrapper and I think this might be the issue

24. Offline

Sayshal

PLEASE add backup asap! I really need it (dont want to manually/other plugin!) Please!

25. Offline

drdanick

Update!

Release 10 Alpha 11
    -Fixed shutdown delay issues related to CB #1185
    -By default, the toolkit console will no longer display ANSI color escape sequences under Windows.
    -Corrected a number of issues pertaining to remote console sessions on servers running under Windows.
    -Added a number of console optimizations.
    -A few minor bug fixes.

Please note that this is not Release 11. I am currently in the last quarter of my University semester, and I cannot dedicate a substantial amount of time to its development for the next few weeks. Rest assured that development of R11 is still in progress, and I will still commit to keeping the Release 10 codebase fully compatible with current and future builds of Craftbukkit.

Zero9195, NEO and Phaedrus like this.
  26. Offline

Mikael_d

Thanks for staying committed to this plugin drdanick, the worst thing is when a plugin as good as this, just dies :-(

27. Offline

shikari

The windows server I rent doesn't allow .bat files, any way around this?

28. Offline

oglop

hello. Does this error is related to RTkit?

Code:
    Could not pass event PLAYER_QUIT to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.gmail.nossr50.datatypes.PlayerProfile.loadMySQL(PlayerProfile.java:164)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.datatypes.PlayerProfile.<init>(PlayerProfile.java:94)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.Users.getProfile(Users.java:100)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.Users.removeUser(Users.java:85)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.listeners.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerQuit(mcPlayerListener.java:121)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$2.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:251)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:154)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.disconnect(NetServerHandler.java:127)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.disconnect(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:507)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.kickPlayer(CraftPlayer.java:157)
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.RTKEventHandler.onCommand(RTKEventHandler.java:64)
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.RTKPlugin.onCommand(RTKPlugin.java:65)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:39)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:353)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:349)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:499)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

29. Offline

moose517

that clearly says mcMMO in the very first line.

30. Offline

Errored

Thank you for keeping up-to-date even in your busy scheduled but I have small request.

Could you possibly add in a line of code to prevent constant saves if no one is online? I have it set to 15min and it's constantly saving. I know I can set it to a higher time but it's still pretty useless to save at all if no one is online.

31. I can't even start the thing. The only thing that happens when I try to start the rtoolkit.bat is that the window pops up for like 0.5 seconds then closing.
    It says that Java isn't a command/program or something like that.
    Guide for dummies please! ^^

Thankful for help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.